Old 02-25-2007, 07:48 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
New Holland , Ohio
Auretrvr, that is wonderful about your sweet dog! If raised right and treated right by humans, dogs can be absolutely incredible. Our closest city has a lot of drug activity and such, so a lot of the dogs that get dropped off around us are unrehab-able (dealers and related people use them for guarding and ferocity). It's really sad. But B sounds awesome, and I know she is thrilled to be with such a loving person!

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:14 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
southwestern , Michigan
you go girl!!!

you sound like you must be a hoot! your new motorhome is beautiful and the trailer,though now is a shambles, is going to be great! i know it will take a lot of work, but i think it would be a blast working on it. please post pictures and maybe someday if i can find one that needs restored i will work up the nerve to give it a try. have a great time and know that someday you will look back on the whole experience and probably want to do it all over again.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:03 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
New Holland , Ohio
Awww, airstreamers, thank you! Is that your beautiful baby in your avatar pic? How long have you had it? We LOVE ours!

Have you seen PeyoteBill's topic about his trailer, Nero? He totally gutted a triple-axle trailer and made a posh car-hauler with living quarters. Here's the topic: Nero and you can link to his site with the cool pictures from there. He's a friend of ours, and we decided to work on our trailers about the same time, but he started and finished way before we have even had a chance to start! Main point is: you can make whatever you like out of a trailer--the sky's the limit!

Have a great evening!
Susan

Old 03-02-2007, 05:54 AM   #18
Rivet Master

southwestern , Michigan
hi alumatube. i hope this is the right way to do a reply, i'm still new at this and am trying to learn by doing. anyway, we just got our new baby last week and the truth of it is, i haven't even seen it yet! we bought it online and my husband drove to tennessee to buy it. luckily we have family down there so it is parked at his mom's house until we can get down next week. i have almost worn out the pictures of it on my computer. we are both so excited as we have wanted one for a long time. and, after just a few days on this forum site, i am also excited about meeting other airstream lovers like ourselves. everyone is so nice and helpful and i just know they will be even more so in person and on the road! happy airstreaming! ps, now we have the fever and are going to keep our eyes open for a vintage airstream trailer to fix up and love! this must be some sort of airstream fever and i've caught it already!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 07:43 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
New Holland , Ohio
How funny! That is EXACTLY what we did, including wearing out the pics on the computer! We drove 800+ miles to coastal Georgia to get ours.

I know you are thrilled and I hope you have a GREAT time in it going home! Be careful! And better watch out--your face will hurt from smiling so much!

Susan

Old 03-02-2007, 11:44 AM   #20
Rivet Master

southwestern , Michigan
thanks susan, it already does, (face hurt from smiling too much) although i have such eyestrain from computer picture ogling, not to mention the steady stream of drool running down my chin. maybe we will meet someday at a rally and share our great adventures in person! it's kinda scary how attached i am to something i haven't even actually touched or seen. i think my husband is getting jealous! oh well, he'll get over it, but will i? never!!!