Old 04-30-2017, 09:44 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Sanford , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutboy View Post
You can get much better solar equipment after market and cheaper as well. If you are a do-it-your-selfer even more savings. Search the forums to see how others like the factory solar and cost.....

One of the best after market installers even lives in Florida.... Lewster on this forum...
Factory everything is what I seek but thanks. "after market" whatever may be less expensive but is a hassle and probably voids the 2 year warrantee? The 2016 AS we rented last month had 2 solar panels (factory) and kept the battery fully charged to my satisfaction. Thanks

Old 04-30-2017, 10:21 AM   #16

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by astroboy18 View Post
Apparently anything bigger than the 27' has NO fan in the bedroom and am told that getting the 2nd AC unit ELIMINATES that bedroom fan. "no more real estate for a bedroom fan" if I go with the 2 AC units BUT you said something of interest. Eliminate the skylight and put in a Fantastic fan? (whatever that is). That may do the trick. I just like air moving in the AS if and when its cool enough at night to not use the AC or cold enough to not use the heat.
The roof fans Airstream currently uses are the "Fantastic Fan" units. They work in interesting ways that may not be apparent until you've been in a trailer while they're on. for example, if the fan is at the opposite end of the trailer but you want air motion in your bedroom, you can open windows only in the bedroom, turn on the fan at the other end of the trailer and as it forces air out of the trailer it'll create a draw through the windows you have open in the bedroom and you'll get a breeze from outside.

For my part, when it gets hot in Texas we like to camp in Colorado and other places at higher altitudes and latitudes, and I like having both fans. I specifically chose a 26U with 30A service and a single AC unit and the full awning package, it's what works for us but may not be the right choice for everyone. So far, at 87 degrees in high humidity with about 2/3 of the trailer in the sun, the single AC did a fine job of maintaining a cool dry environment in the trailer for me to work all through the hot day.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto — 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 05:13 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I would not have a 27' AS without 50A service and two ACs.

The manual awning works fine. The only time I wish it was electric is when I get woken up at night with an elbow to the ribs, accompanied by "Honey, the wind kicked up, can you be a dear and put the awning in please.

THEN I would pay a lot of money for an electric awning.

But yeah, 2 ACs, good to go.

“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Llando88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 06:09 PM   #18

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Sparks , Nevada
Our 27FB has single AC and 30amp, it's more than enough until you get over 100