Old 03-13-2015, 03:46 PM   #1
Rivet Master
Smile Future New Bambi Owner

I recently logged in to the forum, inquiring re: tow vehicle, and based on some responses, I bought a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder, GTW capacity 5000, past Saturday. 1st week of April, I'll buy my 2015 Bambi, GTW3500. I am also having dealer make a few mods for me:
1. Extend stabilizer jack access to edge of trim on side, which I will deploy with my power drill.
2. Extend sewer dump port to end of trailer just at trim.
3. Extend sewer tube storage to edge of trailer.

As I'm a senior lady who camps solo, this will make it convenient and simple for me to go where ever I can drive to and be fully independent. I know in the camping community, folks are frequently willing to help, but, I hate to feel like a "shrinking violet"! If an emergency presents, then, it will be reasonable to seek assist, but, on a routine basis, I prefer to be able to perform routine setup & tear downs on my own. These mods will allow me to do just that.

I will be looking into joining my local club to get into the swing of the Airstream community. I am so excited, I can barely sleep! I'm sure most of you know the feeling, right! I look forward to meeting some of you in the near future.

ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 05:45 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1966 24' Tradewind
Conifer , Colorado
Welcome ColoradoLady! Wow, a new Bambi and a new Pathfinder to tow it with. You are jumping into this Airstream thing with both feet! No wonder you are having trouble sleeping!

Now you can travel the country having a very comfortable place to seek shelter at night. Maybe you will seek Airstream events to meet like minded folks. Your travel adventures will keep you young. Traveling in an Airstream is good exercise! You'll have fun walking the campground looking for other Airstreams, the stooping and bending of set up and tear down, carrying the laundry basket, and deploying the awning are all activities that are good for us seniors. Even taking an afternoon nap with the windows open in your Bambi is healthy.

We met a single retired lady last fall on our trip. She was towing a 23 footer with a larger SUV. She had been on the road for many weeks and really enjoying herself. Fun. She did NOT want any of my help! I can do it myself, thank you! A very nice and interesting lady.

Welcome to the Airstream community and post some photos of your new rig on its maiden voyage.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1409 Airstream Neighbor at KOA.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	478.7 KB
ID:	234164  

dbj216 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:10 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
2008 16' International
San Antonio , Texas

Get AllStays for your iPad/IPhone to find camping sites.

Rjpuckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:05 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Thanks, guys! I already have Allstays RV, Allstays RV Military, Camp Where, iExit on my iPad and iPhone. I so look forward to as many journeys as I can in as much time as the good Lord allows.
I do realize there is activity involved, and it will be tough perhaps at first, but, even so...I will power through and hopefully be healthier for it. I am a retired Registered Nurse, enjoy nature and outdoors, photography, and painting. Last year I had a back injury, but, much better now, so I'm ready to get back to living life!
Bambi and Pathfinder will make that feasible.
Though many elders spend their later years in a rocking chair, that just is not me! I will never own one! I've got things to do, places to go, people to meet! See you on
.the trail!
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 01:06 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
Salt Lake City , Utah

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on the (future) Bambi! I think you will love it. Nothing like picking up and deciding to go somewhere with all the comforts of home following right behind you!

I would also suggest you check out the new website It's a great site for camping and overnight stays. It has lots of information about sites, particularly in the west. And I love the reviews and photos people post. Also check their blog at Campendium Blog.

You are going to have such an adventure. Maybe we'll see you out there on the road.

Salt Lake City
spenfolder is offline   Reply With Quote