Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-05-2018, 11:24 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
San Jose , California
From 24' Minnie Winnie to 27FB Airstream

From tent (6') to tent trailer (12') to 5th wheel (26') to Minnie Winnie (24C) and now to an Airstream 27FB (and a new Ford F150). Of course this is my progression over about 45 years, two kids, one grandchild, and two wives (#1 passed).

My wife and I just loved the Minnie Winnie, but it had two insurmountable problems. It was in constant need of repairs, almost all of which I was able to do myself. The biggest problem was room to move around in the motorhome. We finally decided that we needed to move to something roomier, and looked at a LOT of cheap trailers and 5th wheels that all showed their cheap and/or shoddy construction and outfitting. One pop-out even came off it's rails...

Then we visited the NEW Airstream site in Morgan Hill, CA., just south of San Jose. Once you get past the price (we did), the trailers are gorgeous and well put together. Problem, I wanted a 25RB, and Donna wanted a 27FB. I lost (but won too). We bought the 3rd trailer sold at this dealer/site. It's "Sooo Newww" we don't even pick it up until Wednesday. We're excited!!!

I'm sure I'll have a thousand or more questions once I get the trailer home and start playing with it. Stay tuned...

Cheers,
Doug (& Donna) Dunham
San Jose, CA
CoolCatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:14 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Hi CoolCat: I am very envious of your new Airstream. Your better half made a great decision. You are right. After looking at the box trailers at the Denver RV show, stepping into an Airstream is another world They ain't perfect, but they are very nice and pretty easy to work on when the need arises.

Welcome to Air Forums. This too is a great website befitting of the Airstream subject matter. I find folks here pleasant and helpful. Many participants are more than willing to help you with questions about your new Airstream once you get into it. Don't hesitate to ask any question you might have. I'm sure yu will get several accurate responses.

We have a 86 Limited 34' that we inherited way back in 05. My wife's folks traveled all over this great country of ours. They especially enjoyed Airstream Caravans with the WBCCI club. You folks might like that activity too. It's like a cruise only in Land Yachts instead. We have been using this family Airstream in our retirement also.

Post some pictures of your new trailer once things settle down.

David
WBCCI #8607 VAC Region 11
KnowledgeBase trailer renovation threads: 69 Globetrotter, 76 Sovereign, 75 Overlander, 66 Trade Wind Such fun !
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote