Old 06-05-2011, 09:32 PM   #1

2011 22' Sport
Frisco , Texas
Cool Frisco, TX - Long time lurker, first time poster

After many months of reading, searching and lurking here, we purchased a 2011 Sport 22' FB. Visited the factory over spring break and saw it half built, then took delivery of it the beginning of April. Been on two short weekend tips to Lake Ray Roberts here in North Texas. We a having a blast, but a bit concerned about several issues (probably some new user errors , but some definite warranty issues). Hoping the local dealer can figure them out. Fridge won't work on anything but electric, stove won't light, and this weekend the overhead fan/system status panel is blowing fuses. Other than that we are good. Looking forward to meeting many new friends, seeing america (hopefully more of that than the service dealer).

Old 06-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #2

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Will the burners work? Or is it just the oven? Sounds like you may have a problem with the propane lines. New trailers are like new houses, there is always something to fix.

blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:07 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
John

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to Airstream life and the Forum.

Sounds like a propane problem. Does your water heater work on propane? Are the propane isolation valves all open?

Seems like the dealer should have showed you how to work all this stuff, so that you know how, and to make sure it is operating also.

Good luck.

Dan
Old 06-06-2011, 06:17 AM   #4
one of those

2011 27 FB International
'03 F250 PSD , Airstream summers, Catalac winters
propane isolation valves?
Old 06-06-2011, 08:21 AM   #5
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Hello, John, and welcome to the Airforums! I'm sure you'll find plenty of information here about your Airstream, and plenty of folks willing to step in with hints and tips.

On your rig, it does sound like you have some kind of propane issue. The first step is to make sure that propane is making it out of the cylinder into the lines. Check the status of valves, and make sure there is indeed sufficient propane in the tank. (Note that propane-level status indicators are notoriously unreliable, enough so that, at least here in NM, it is illegal for licensed fillers to rely on them for information.)

Your electrical issue is actually tougher, one that may need looking into by a dealer.

Lynn
Old 06-06-2011, 09:28 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Duluth , Minnesota
John, First of all... WELCOME TO THE FORUM & INTO THE GREAT FAMILY OF AS OWNERS!

Hang in there as you work out hte small details. My guess... the systems are probably fine, they just are not set up for you. Your dealer (or maybe another AS owner if you happen to run across someone in a park somewhere) will likely be able to address the issue(s) for you. Likely somehting really insignificant (like an empty tank, a valve not open, or not open sufficiently). Once you get the things set up to your operating style, you are going to LOVE your new unit. Mary and I purchased our new AS in 06 and are leaving on Wednesday for Colorado - again... Can hardly wait. Here's to years of wonderful camping experiences for you guys!
Cheers!
Bill
Old 06-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #7

2011 22' Sport
Frisco , Texas
My bad, I meant the burners and the Hot Water Tank Switch stays lit 'Red' which I recall means it is not lighting either. Someone mentioned there is a gas 'lockout'. Do you know anything about that and how I can check it?
Old 06-07-2011, 04:42 PM   #8

2011 22' Sport
Frisco , Texas
Taking it to a local dealer next week and keeping my fingers crossed, cause without the fan, fridge and propane, mama ain't goin campin?!
Old 06-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #9

2011 22' Sport
Frisco , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by skykingpilot View Post
John, First of all... WELCOME TO THE FORUM & INTO THE GREAT FAMILY OF AS OWNERS!

Hang in there as you work out hte small details. My guess... the systems are probably fine, they just are not set up for you. Your dealer (or maybe another AS owner if you happen to run across someone in a park somewhere) will likely be able to address the issue(s) for you. Likely somehting really insignificant (like an empty tank, a valve not open, or not open sufficiently). Once you get the things set up to your operating style, you are going to LOVE your new unit. Mary and I purchased our new AS in 06 and are leaving on Wednesday for Colorado - again... Can hardly wait. Here's to years of wonderful camping experiences for you guys!
Cheers!
Bill
Sounds great, please let me know if you find any great spots in CO to stay at. I really like that state and it is not too far from TX.

John
Old 06-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Welcome aboard, John. You'll get through the initial problems...we all had them...and soon you'll be the one giving advice. Just watch!

See you down the road!
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Lubbock , Texas
Welcome. You'll love the Airstream and you'll love this forum!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:50 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Oracle , Arizona
Congrats. I'm sure you'll love your Sport after getting the bugs worked out. Can you hear a hiss when you turn the stove on? Don't discount New Mexico for some out standing camp sites.

Tags
22' safari, dallas, texas, san francisco