Old 02-17-2008, 07:42 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
loveland , Ohio
flukewho - loveland, ohio

Hello to all,
I am 6 mos into retirement now and looking 4 a motorhome/a fixerup will even do,and price depends on where and condition.
I have considered a few types and this is why I have chosen this group because if I can find a 20 foot argosy I think it could be my first choice.
I have also looked at an ameracoach 23/and thought about a travco or a very hard to find rectrans discoverer 1972 year.
I have also considered an fmc because of the rear engine that makes it easy to enter the cockpit.I like the older units with fiberglass shells and no over the cab bed.
So having said all that I hope someone can help me find something as I am tired of the winters in cincinnati ohio and the humidity.
Ready to get started and be a part of the wonderful traveling rv world.
THANKS FOR LISTENING> flukewho-loveland,ohio.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:01 PM   #2
Site Team

, Minnesota
Welcome w. h. fluke sr. Check the classified ads by clicking the tab at the top.

I was a fireman and paramedic in Loveland back in the early 70's. I have fond memories of that river town. Did you ever hear of the Loveland Frog-man?

Old 02-17-2008, 08:06 PM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:13 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
loveland , Ohio
flukewho - in loveland,ohio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane
Welcome w. h. fluke sr. Check the classified ads by clicking the tab at the top.

I was a fireman and paramedic in Loveland back in the early 70's. I have fond memories of that river town. Did you ever hear of the Loveland Frog-man?
Good to hear from you,um-frogman I think someone ate his legs .
Just kidding.Thanks for replying and maybe I will see you someday.
Find me argosy 20 footer with a 350 chev motor and thanks for the tip.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Welcome!
Of course we are partial to Airstreams, good luck in your search. I think an Argosy would fit you very well.
Congrats on your retirement! I'm jealous.
Dave
Old 02-17-2008, 08:25 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
loveland , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrzowt
Welcome!
Of course we are partial to Airstreams, good luck in your search. I think an Argosy would fit you very well.
Congrats on your retirement! I'm jealous.
Dave

Hi Dave, arstream is fine,I think they also make a 20 foot with a 350 chev engine?yes no? It realy don't have to be an argosy,I just like the under 25 foot one, u know,gas and parking and all.I don't like the old boxy ones or with over the cab beds.
Thanks again Dave and stay in touch. flukewho-loveland,ohio.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

'77 24' Argosy

Hi: We have a very nice 24' Argosy for sale. Send me an email to pepepepe@webtv.net or call 269-317-2606 and I will send you all th details and pics. We are about 300 miles north of you. Steve Evans. Battle Creek, Mi Thanks
Old 04-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #8

Golden , Colorado
Rectrans Discover

Flukewho, if you are still interested in a Rectrans I can help you. I live in CO and My mother in law lives in AZ during the winter and ND in the summer and she has a Rectrans Discoverer stored in her barn in ND that she is interested in selling. She is visiting us in CO right now and will be heading back to ND in early May. I am sorry I do not have any photos to send you but can get some to you when she gets back in May to ND. She has all the paperwork at the farm so we can get you all that info upon her return as well. If you are interested in looking into the Rectrans you can email me at djkuech@yahoo.com and we can talk then.

Regards, Dave
Old 04-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
Hi Flukewho!

Welcome to the forums. This is a great place to learn all things Airstream! Argosys are cool, great views out of the windows! I hope you find just what you want.

By the way, welcome to retirement! I am just a couple months short of 5 years into retirement. Greatest thing I ever did! I am clueless how I ever had time to work for a living... we are busier than we ever have been, but it is sooooo great! Not too many "half to do's.... mostly wanna do's...". Cool, huh?

Be sure and check out the rally schedule and see if there is one near you ~ rally season is just about to begin. You will likely be welcome even if you don't have a trailer... it is a great way to see other Airstreams and learn from the owners first hand!

Hope to see you on the road!

My blogs: http://yrekahistory.blogspot.com
http://siskiyoucountycamping.blogspot.com
http://campingalongi-5.blogspot.com/
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:18 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1993 34' Limited
Melbourne Florida , Springfield Ohio
Hello from winter home in Florida - heading back to Springfield Ohio this Thursday (formerly 20 years in Westchester/Fairfield area). Welcome to the forum where you will obtain much information.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:18 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
loveland , Ohio
retired at last,thank GOD i'm retired at last

Hey CADDY,
Good to hear from u.
As of last week I bought a 1983(REVCON) motorhome said to be designed by an old airstream guy with airstream likeness,aircraft skin and inside as well as covered underneath.
Front wheel drive 454 chev engine,dana reversed rearend for drive through a borgwarner transfer case.
It has 2 roof ac's that are said to be heat pumps.
Looks pretty nice in and out good tires.
It does need some wireing fixed and some other miner stuff but for $3200 I can't complain to much.
Thinking of becomming a snowbird or even maybe some day fulltime rv life seein some of the U.S. south in the winter,north in the summer,what do you think of all this? catch you next note.
flukewho@yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaddyGrn View Post
Hi Flukewho!

Welcome to the forums. This is a great place to learn all things Airstream! Argosys are cool, great views out of the windows! I hope you find just what you want.

By the way, welcome to retirement! I am just a couple months short of 5 years into retirement. Greatest thing I ever did! I am clueless how I ever had time to work for a living... we are busier than we ever have been, but it is sooooo great! Not too many "half to do's.... mostly wanna do's...". Cool, huh?

Be sure and check out the rally schedule and see if there is one near you ~ rally season is just about to begin. You will likely be welcome even if you don't have a trailer... it is a great way to see other Airstreams and learn from the owners first hand!

Hope to see you on the road!
Old 04-05-2009, 07:45 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Welcome fellow Ohioan!

You will find that there are alot of other Ohioans/forums members on this site. We usually get together at informal rallies around the state during the summer. Maybe it will get here soon??? At the rallies you will be able to scope out all kinds of AS units and meet fine folks and gather alot of information. Hope to meet you at one of them.
Larry and Lou in LaGrange, OH

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote