Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-10-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
Chief Chili Cook

2010 30' Flying Cloud
Bakersfield , California
First trip report (2007 International 25FB)

I found the forums over a month ago and have been doing a lot of reading when not looking for our Airstream. Well we found ours! It's a 2007 International CCD 25FB. Excellent condition.

Funny story how Dave at Toscano RV in Los Banos, CA actually found us 3 perfect, gently used Airstreams (in the course of 2 weeks) that were just what we wanted, but because we were too slow to pull the trigger, lost them all to other buyers (the last after only 2 hours). The last guy backed out the next morning, and we would not be too slow again. Let me just say up front Dave is awesome, a fountain of Airstream and RV knowledge, and made us a awesome deal. Carlos, back in service did our walk through and is fantastic also. He had a way of showing you how to use each and every appliance or feature, with lots of short funny stories along the way.

After our first hookup, leveling and brake check, we hit the road heading to Pismo Coast Village in Pismo, CA. I think we made it 5 miles before seeing an Airstream headed in the opposite direction, we looked over and they were of course waving at us.

First camp arrival went perfect (even if it was in the dark). Managed to get it parked and setup about as smooth as it goes. I did forget to turn on the furnace before bed, which made for a chilly nights sleep as it was probably in the low/mid 40's at night.

The next morning we went out for a long walk around the park and when we spotted a small group of vintage & newer Airstreams in the north side of the park, it dawned on me that might be the Silver Sisters, having followed their whole message thread here. Later I would get a knock on the door from a wayward sister looking for her tribe. We talked for a minute, then they headed to the north side.

The next day we headed into town to do a little shopping, since we had nothing in the coach but a few essentials and clothes, having came directly from the dealer. We passed another Airstream in town and they even had an identical Nissan Titan pulling it! We waved, then realized we didn't have our Airstream behind us, so yeah, they didn't really even notice us since Pismo streets are pretty tight and require your full attention. We returned late after shopping and having dinner, went straight to bed (with the heater on this time).

The next morning the identical Titan/Airstream combo was camped about 25 yards from us! We didn't see them around until the morning we left, but we did get to talk to them for about an hour. Wonderful couple from Montreal, Canada that I believe are about half way through a 2 month circle through the U.S. They toured our International and we visited their Classic 27FB.

As we pulled out of the park, the only other Airstream camper in our area that we hadn't seen and talked to was out. I had my windows down and he stopped what we was doing and we exchanged "Nice Trailer" greetings.

What a great bunch of campers we meet. I've been to Pismo probably a hundred times going back to when I was 7 years old. We've day tripped (we live about 100 miles way), camped in tents, trailers, motorhomes and stayed hotels. That was 3 of the best days I've ever had there and hopefully only the beginning of our new Airstream Life.

Kevin
newroswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Kevin, sounds like a great start to your Airstream career.

Welcome and happy trails.

Pat
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:27 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
What a wonderful 1st trip story....Thank you for sharing it with us.

I know what you mean about Airstream people, They R the best!
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote