Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-29-2015, 08:18 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1964 22' Safari
Bend , Oregon
First Timer

Husband and I have purchased a 1964 Safari and are looking for some retro metal edging for countertop. Have tried Eagle and a few others any help would be appreciated. Also window cranks/gears and a skylight...actually the list goes on but thought this is plenty for starters !!
K
Harley Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:59 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Merkel , Texas
While I am not able to provide much help, if you will just hang on somebody will come to your rescue. Seems like there is a company named Vintage Trailer Supply or something to that effect that is mentioned on here frequently. Good luck in your endeavor and happy streaming.
afneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:18 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Long Beach , California
Hello Harley Kathy:

There are several places to look for the "hard to find" items for vintage Airstreams. An internet search should display many of them. I'm including a link that might get you started. It's their "on sale" items. They have many other items that are not listed because they aren't on sale. They do mail order and are here on the West coast.

Inland RV Center Inc.

Their list displays photos of window cranks & gears on sale. I have purchased a couple and they worked in my '67 Safari.

Good luck with your searching!
helmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:04 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
In addition to Inland RV, check these two other companies. We've done business with all three of them, with absolutely zero complaints.

Out-of-Doors Mart!, More Airstream Parts on-line than anyone!

Vintage Trailer Supply - parts and supplies for vintage travel trailers and campers!
Minno is offline   Reply With Quote