Old 04-03-2010, 01:07 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Saint Augustine , Florida
--take foot out-- I thought I had a trailer, but I gave up after 4 months of fighting with the dealer to get me a real title.. so really I still am "new", LOL!
I just have more of an education now ;-P

I'm sure we'll meet someday!

Safe travels.
Rae

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

'57 Overlander thread:"the end of the rainbow is silver"
Silverfoxrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

1993 30' Excella
Lakeland , Florida
MTsafari is right The Long Long Trailer is a hoot I just watched it, but don't get scared off ,the airstream tows like a dream and it'll be a breeze after the first 5 miles and 3 turns.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:08 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2012 19' International
1986 25' Sovereign
St. Tammany , Louisiana
Finally home with the new addition!

Well, we finally made it home last week with the new addition...but not after having to drop 1600.00 on new tires, brakes, repacking, battery, and safety cable and box! Now that we've begun to really look around at the unit and pull the carpet out, we noticed a few areas of new floorboard. Hmmmm! So, unscrewed them to see what lay underneath and saw evidence of prior leaks and a small area of damage from road debris. There's a bit more to tell, but I want to take photos and upload them so I can attempt to ask intelligent questions. Keep waking up in the middle of the night thinking about the work ahead and how this is just the beginning of our Airstream Adventure! Okay, go ahead and laugh..., I know that many of you have been through so much with your own AS restorations and renovations and can totally relate. Will attempt to post pics later...have to get a new camera battery first. Thanks so much in advance for any advice you can give. Sandy
Old 04-21-2010, 07:12 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Saint Augustine , Florida
Congratulations on getting her home. At least you know that what you've put into it will be for the betterment of the overall experience! You can tow safely and comfortably and rest easily knowing you have good wheels and cables. All Airstreams leak. The different models seem to have their "areas" of issues, so other Sovereign owners could help there. Most leaks are somewhat logical. Bathrooms, windows, etc.
Definitely take lots of photos. Get some closeups too, and take a BIG DEEP breath :-) It'll all be fine. Unlike a wooden boat (which I'm very familiar with), leaks won't sink the "ship" :-)

I have a very very long road ahead with repairs and leaks, and I'm sure there will be many days of feeling discouraged, overwhelmed and worried. That's why we have this tremendous support group here on the "forums".

Looking forward to seeing the pix!

Rae

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

'57 Overlander thread:"the end of the rainbow is silver"
Silverfoxrae is offline   Reply With Quote