Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2009, 09:43 AM   #1

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
gainesville , Florida
First post...some questions

I'm in the market for my first AS. I've been reading all the valuable information on this site for months and learning as much as I can before making the purchase. I owned a small Coleman PU for years, and before that I did a lot of tent camping. I'm tired of motels, erecting pop-ups, sleeping on the cold, hard ground, camping in all types of inclement weather... and looking at all those cheap trailers on RV lots. I am finally going to fulfill my long-time dream of owning an Airstream.

I'm a large format landscape photographer and teacher. I travel constantly, chasing the light. I can be found in Utah's Canyonlands or Arches NP in the middle of winter, the Everglades and Keys in the summer or high up in the San Juans in the Fall. It's usually just myself, for several weeks/months at a time, camping (or boondocking, as you folks call it here) in remote un-improved sites, state or national parks or anywhere I can set up to be close to the action when the light is good.

I've narrowed it down to either a new 19' Bambi or Sport 17'. The smaller, lighter, less expensive Sport 17' and Bambi 19' models appeal to me over the larger AS models. I'd love a Flying Cloud 20' or 23', but the cost is more than I can handle and I think the size would limit my access to many areas. So, smaller, lighter and less expensive is better. I like the separate rear corner bed and front dinette/lounge layout on the Bambi, but I can live with the combined front bed/lounge/dinette layout of the Sport, particularly considering the size, weight and price differences. However I do have some specific questions regarding several specific features of both units before making a final choice.

One feature I would really like is the panoramic front window, instead of the smaller front window. I've found the panoramic front window on a few Sport 17s, it's listed as an "option" on some 2009 Sport 17' units, and also on most Bambi 19' units. However, better views and increased interior light aside, what are the mechanical advantages/drawbacks of the panoramic windows compared to the single ones? Weight, strength, insulating properties, maintenance?

I also would prefer the all aluminum interior skin found in the Bambis, and other higher-end AS models, over the carpeted wall covering (it looks like an off-white ID/OD carpet material) found in the Sport's sleeping/cooking/lounging area (the Sport's bathroom interior skin is aluminum). One AS owner told me I should not consider the carpeted interior, that I should get the aluminum interior skin throughout the entire trailer. He mentioned things like cooking odors, ease of cleaning, etc. It seems like really good advice, not to mention the aluminum interior skin looks a lot better. Any thoughts on the carpeted vs. aluminum interior? I don't take any pets with me, I don't smoke and I don't fry fish every evening, so is this that much of a drawback?

Additionally, one large dealer I called told me the new, "upgraded" 2010 Sport 17' would come with both of these features "standard": the panoramic front windows, and the higher-end aluminum skin wall surface in all interior areas. I cannot seem to find any information to confirm this one way or the other. Is the dealer correct on this point? This could make a difference in my choice if I decide I really wanted/needed these features.

The Sport 17' uses a plastic material to encase the propane tanks, while the Bambi uses aluminum. Are there any advantages in weight, durability and ease of tank access in having the metal case over the plastic one, other than purely aesthetic considerations?

The Sport 17' comes with 2 smaller propane tanks. Can these tanks be eventually replaced with the larger tanks found on the Bambi, if needed, and will the larger tanks fit inside the standard plastic box on the Sport? The Sport also uses a single battery, while the Bambi has two. Is it possible to add a battery, if necessary, at some point in the future? Apart from the obvious benefits, any thoughts (pro or con) on the advantages of larger tanks and more battery capacity?

Lastly, if we asume the same cost-cutting and weight-limiting practices are found in other areas of the Sport models as well, are any of the other mechanical systems, insulating properties, components or materials used in the Sport 17' less efficient, cheaper or not as durable than those found in the Bambi 19' models? Any other thoughts or observations on choosing either of these two models would be appreciated.

Thanks.
sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Welcome to the forums with your first post!

Sounds like you have most of the pros vs cons covered in your post. But one reason I would stay away from the "carpeted walls" is bugs. If you swat a bug on the wall it'll leave it's guts in the carpet...yuk! That's just gross to me! Another advantage of the non-carpeted walls is you can wipe them down. Even if smoking and fish-frying aren't your past-times, condensation + boondocking road dust alone will dirty your walls and I would want to wipe them down periodically.

You've talked about the Sport being a cost savings measure - another one would be to focus on a trailer that is a year or two old. The cost drops ALOT the minute it is taken from the dealer's lot...my guess is that you could pay what you would for a new Sport and get a year or two old Bambi or Flying Cloud. As far as getting into spaces - there really isn't much difference between a 17' and a 19'...we can get into just about anywhere we want in both our trailers - 19' & 22' - and we do a fair amount of boondocking off the beaten path.

One other thought - I have found making up/down the bed all the time gets to be a PITA after about two weeks...a full time bed IMO is the way to go for longer trips. Our Safari 22' has full-time beds and it's much more comfortable for a longer trip - although we used the GT 19' for all trips prior to this last year and it was comfortable except for the bed issue and we still plan on using it for weekenders.

Just some thoughts...good luck on your search! Sounds like a cool adventure lies ahead in semi-fulltiming...I'm jealous!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
Send a message via AIM to bredlo
I wholeheartedly agree that a full time bed would be great in your situation. We got pretty tired of that back and forth and soon gave up - finally just doing everything in bed, and crawling over the dogs (in the other bed) to get to the bathroom, etc.

If it were me doing mostly solo photography on location, I'd likely have my photography gear, laptop, external monitor, hard drives, etc. set up full time on the dinette to allow me to edit in the evenings. What a fantastic mobile studio this will make, assuming there's a good generator factored in to supply plenty of juice. Keep us posted, and feel free to post a link to your work, Sergio. We love nature around here!
Old 11-22-2009, 12:09 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Sergio... Welcome to the forums and to the search for the Airstream that's right for you... You're i the right place to find out everything you need to know!

All the items you mentioned about the Sport models (cloth interior, smaller LP tanks, 1 battery, etc) are part of what makes that unit both lighter and less pricey. We personally like the 19' Bambi Safari SE. The "SE" package includes the pano window and interior aluminum (along with a few other things)... As of 2009 the Safari SE line was rebranded as the Flying Cloud. The pano window gives you great light and views (and presents no structural downside) and the aluminum interior not only looks great (IMHO) but is also easier to keep clean as Shari mentioned. (I am not sure about the Sports now being offered with the pano and aluminum interior as options...but they would smart to do that.)

We had a small motor home before the Bambi that had interior cloth and it didn't do anything but get dirty. That small motor home also did not have a full time bed...never again...converting to the bed every night became a hassle for us over time.

You also might want to consider solar since you camp off the grid frequently...it's the way to go, and although we also use a generator, the solar is great.

Good luck and keep us posted! Hope to see you down the road in your AS soon!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
All I can add to what has been said is, welcome to the airforums.com and you mentioned camping in Utah in the winter and Florida in the summer. The all aluminum interior has been reported by some owners to have a great deal of condensation on the walls in the winter. Also, there is an acoustical insulating property to the padded walls. We have appreciated this during every thunderstorm we've camped in. The thunder wasn't what was abated, it was the sound of rain on an aluminum roof. It sounds romantic, but it just keeps you awake at night.

Good luck in the decisions you face.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #6
_

. , .
hi sergio...

it is ALWAYS a concern when new shoppers are focused on minor cosmetic issues versus PRACTICAL travel and usage needs.

somewhat like budding picture snappers saying "i want that long lens thing in shinny silver please"

or calling a memory card, FILM then asking where to have it processed.

ALL of the streams have full aluminum inner skins and NONE of them have carpet on the walls.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f46/...lls-44235.html

many models do have materials glued OVER the aluminum inner skin.

this stuff helps with condensation, temperature differences and ACOUSTICS.

it' also softens the way LIGHT (natural or man made) is handled inside.

the material is polypropylene and doesn't ABSORB odors.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f39/...lls-22750.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f46/...dew-23465.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f39/...ing-35124.html

upholstery, cushions, and the fiberglass wall INSULATION may absorb odors and moisture and so on.

IF a unit smells badly it is THOSE materials, NOT the ozite on the walls.
_________

ALL wall finishes have issues and folks who prefer 1over the other.
_________

the biggest issues with the 2 units on YOUR radar are CARRY CAPACITY and WATER.

u are NOT gonna be able to take MUCH STUFF inside either of those units...

and will NOT have much fresh water or holding tank capacity for those remove areas u plan to visit.

narrower may be a plus for some remote sites

but a SHORT 2 axle unit with MORE payload and water available should be considered.

u might also want to look at a carefully USED unit in the 23 foot range or a 20 footer.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f335...ons-17339.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f301...del-37214.html

and in reality IF you are gonna get very REMOTE, ground clearance will be an issue with ANY 'stream.

u might be better served with a 4/4 truck and slide in off/road camper thing.

there are units like this DESIGNED specifically for trekking off the path.

the FULL WRAP pano windows add significantly to the trailer weight and REDUCE payload even more.

i know a professional fella who does video/photo on the road and he blows out tires 4-5 times a year while traveling.

it seems carrying the gear (and basic personal needs) in his toyota or bambi puts him 500-1000 lbs over the ratings...

his walls are shiny too, but the trailer still stinks from other issues.
_________

so again welcome and IF U R the analytical type it might be wise to expand the investigation and shopping...

2 the issues that MATTER relative to the intended usage.

LOOKS alone can be deceiving...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/...-it-21921.html

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:34 PM   #7
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up Welcome aboard...

There ain't many new Streams that will fit your needs....

Consider a new TV(tow'r), and a nice used 25 footer...

Toyota Tacoma Truck - 2010 Performance & Specifications

Good Luck
Old 11-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #8
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
If you are to do a lot of boondocking, you might consider a motor home with 100 gallon tanks and a built in generator. But if you are set on an Airstream, check out all the tank capacities for all the models. You can get a lot of info on the Airstream site for past years. The specs are under "service" or something like that.

Everyone would like a trailer that is smaller on the outside than the inside, but the compromise for a lot of us is the 25'—fairly large tanks, some storage space, a little room to move around and a queen bed. The Safari SE often came with panos, but they transfer heat or cold to the outside very well. It also had the aluminum interior.

Quality control is an issue for many recent years and you might as well look for a used model and save depreciation. You'll have to fix things regularly either way.

Winter camping will use a lot of propane and battery power. That means you need 2 30 lb. propane tanks and frequent refills. Summer camping in the Everglades means no A/C unless you have a big generator or shore power.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:19 PM   #9

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
gainesville , Florida
Thanks for all the advice and observations so far...

Thanks to all who took the time to respond, and for all the great advice and information so far.

I realize that 3/4 ton diesels...the TVs of choice and the ones suggested for all situations by many participants on these forums...would be required for larger trailers, but I'm considering a 17' trailer, not a 25 footer. Is it the general consensus around the AS Forum that a Sport 17 (or a Bambi 19) cannot, or should not, be towed by someting like a 2010 Toyota Tacoma V6/AT/4WD/factory Tow Pkg/with a 6500 lb. tow rating?
Old 11-22-2009, 03:43 PM   #10
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
There are several forums members that tow the smaller models with a Tacoma. TBRICH (post #4 in this thread) tows his 19' Bambi Safari with one and often.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:33 PM   #11

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
gainesville , Florida
Would something like this be a good price for a used Bambi?

This one is only four hours away from Gainesville, and I'll be in Miami this week for the holiday:

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/rvs/1456822454.html

Or this, but just a lot farther away:

http://www.onestopmotors.com/2006_Ai...ale_27811.aspx

The new Bambi 19s I'm seeing are considerably higher. But the two above are within the same price range I'm seeing for new Sport 17s, like this new one, only two or three hours away, being offered to me for 23,900.

http://www.batesrv.com/rv/airstream/...railer/526.htm

Any thoughts on these?
Old 11-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #12
_

. , .
in terms of layout/functional floor plan, MANY folks like the 16s OVER the 19s.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f365...bed-20767.html

unless you have crawled around INSIDE several units, no one knows the ideal layout yet for your needs.

it's wise to shop lightly used to beat the new trayla depreciation/markup issue.

and your linked ad above clearly meets your objectives...

"The 19' Bambi Airstream International travel trailer has shiny aluminum inside walls, wrap around Airstream built windows, plexiglas sliders in overhead storage compartment and Christopher C Dean designed interior in the art deco style...."

even if the seller doesn't know art deco from an instamatic.

but the trailers listed are limited to 3-400 lbs of STUFF and the tac-oh-ma! not much more once hooked up.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/towing/

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:33 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
There are several forums members that tow the smaller models with a Tacoma. TBRICH (post #4 in this thread) tows his 19' Bambi Safari with one and often.
Richard is correct...we tow our 2006 19' Safari SE with a 2007 Tacoma Double Cab TRD V6 automatic (it is not 4WD) with a factory tow package (#6500 lb tow capacity)...and we are perfectly happy with it... This is our every day vehicle, too.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #14

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
gainesville , Florida
Thanks for the real life feedback on the Tacoma, TBRich

And to: to err is human...

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I've spent considerable time poking around a number of AS trailers in dealers' lots over the years. My wife has had to literally drag me out of several, worried that I'm actually standing in the showers with my shoes off, sitting on the toilets (with my pants on and the seats down, of course), stretched out on the beds or lounge/dinette areas, or just sitting quietly in a trance staring into space....for way, way too long. Mostly I just sit and look out the panoramic windows, making mental notes and pretending I'm in Monument Valley, or the Tetons.

So far I really like the two models discussed, the Sport 17' and Bambi 19', for their very compact size, reasonably low weight and real world towabilty. I'm the type who tends to think less is more, so I'm limiting myself to the smaller sizes and staying away from the gently-used 28 footers. But, I admit, the Flying Cloud 20' I also spent far too much time in had me thinking of what I could sell to afford the thing.

I like the relatively-large, rear bathroom situated across the entire rear of the Sport 17'. The shower is huge for a unit this size; I can actually stand up and turn around in there without hitting my head. I agree, the layout of the 16 footer is smart for its size, but the tiny wet bath in the 16' reminds me of a 25 foot sloop I used to own...I still have bad memories of using the head in heavy seas. I prefer the larger baths in the Sport 17' and Bambi 19' over the 16'; I can see myself and others actually doing important things in there with the door closed.

I don't like the front layout of the lounge/dinette/bed area in the Sport 17'. Having to practically remodel the front half of the trailer to take a nap, or build a folding tv table to have lunch is not so appealing. But, for the lower price, I could maybe get used to it. In contrast, the rear corner bed in the Bambi 19' is ideal, you can leave it in sleep mode and use it whenever the needs arises at a moment's notice. And the Bambi 19's totally separate front dinette, convertible to a spacious lounging area, with that large panoramic window in front, is very inviting.

The optional front panoramic window I discussed above, available in some Sport 17s like the one in this unit:

http://www.airstreamrvsource.com/rvi....asp?id=561181

is very nice. Units so-equipped are a lot brighter inside than the single window on most Sport 17 trailers. I can picture myself lounging there and enjoying the view as well.

The kitchen layouts on both 17' and 19' units are about the same to me, though my wife likes the kitchen and counter space in the Flying Cloud 20' far too much. Cooking for me is boiling water for coffee and making a sandwich, so spacious gourmet galleys are not my priority. Storage space in both the Sport 17' and Bambi 19' are just OK, I'll just have to leave more stuff I don't really need at home if go with the Sport 17' over the 19' Bambi. I've spent a summer touring on a motorcyle, so I'm used to traveling light.

The interior aluminum skin throughout the interior appeals to me more than that spage-age miracle fabric discussed by an earlier poster. Though the sound-deadening effect of the fabric walls/ceilings sounds like a plus. I'd like to be able to sit inside one of these trailers at night, with the interior lighting on, to see how the aluminum walls/ceilings would reflect the interior illumination compared to the fabric. But, in the end, I'd like to be able to just wipe down the interior surfaces with Windex, rather than some kind of special miracle carpet cleaner or a vacuum. And I still suspect the smell of burnt bacon grease would permeate the miracle fabric, but what do I know?

At any rate, thanks for all your patience, advice and helpful and informative observations.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:31 PM   #15
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio View Post
I can see myself and others actually doing important things in there with the door closed.
Just what "important things" are you and "others" going to do in there? How many "others" do you plan to do those "things" with in the bathroom? The shower isn't that big.

Well, after you and your wife get out of the bathroom doing important things (not words I've heard before referring to "it"), listen to her about the kitchen. With your water boiling skills, you may not appreciate a nice kitchen, but she needs to like the trailer too.

As for the front pano by the dinette, what you'll usually be looking at is your truck. I like looking at my truck, but I can look at it at home. A rear pano is much better, especially at a back in site.

Any size trailer means compromises. Have you looked at slightly used ones? As soon as you buy a new one, it depreciates a lot.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:01 PM   #16
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Two comments:

I disagree with your "less is more" statement. As far as trailers go, less really is less in every sense. Less room in which to take your stuff along with you, and your stuff cannot be heavy (like water storage, both fresh, and "used").

Everyone starts out thinking they want a small one. Some stick with it, but lots don't...

And,

It has been said on this forum many times: choose your TT first, then get the TV it requires to tow it.

Why? Well, think how long you intend to own the TT, then calculate how many tow vehicles you are likely to own in that time. The Tacoma will be a faint memory when you are still towing the TT, if you buy one you can keep. I don't mean this as a criticism of the Tacoma, by the way. Just that the so-called "two foot-itis" really does exist.

Good luck with your choice!
Old 11-22-2009, 08:11 PM   #17
_

. , .
if the 17s/19s have REAL world tow-ability, what do the OTHER have?

28 footers and 3/4 ton trucks...

no one has suggested either.

so u've spent a good deal of time inside them, bouncing around ?

thatz awesome, a critical step and should help u pic 1.

the 17 has been discussed n great detail, the threads on that unit might be useful

the shower/head in the 17 IS nice, but with so little water available, showers are irrelevant.

discussions abound the same with 19s.

less IS more sometimes.

less experience=more confusion.

while MORE personal understanding of needs=less need to ask others for insight.

but the 1st post asks about...

-ENLARGING the lp tanks,
-ADDING a 2nd battery,
-PANO windows and
-HIGH end interior walls (whatever those are)
-metal tank covers replacing plastic...

and so on.

so it would appear MORE is MORE as well.

now back to again answering the original questions...

-the PANO windows add weight
-large lp tanks ADD weight
-the aluminum tank covers ADD weight
-and a 2nd battery ADDs significant weight.

with these changes the CARRY CAPACITY goes down to 1 big gulp.

U R headed toward overloading these 2 models (unless u upgrade the axle rating and tire sizes)

so sometimes MORE accessories=less essentials.

NO ONE is suggesting WHAT unit to buy or what tv 2 use....

these are critiques of each unit, focusing on WEAKNESSES to be aware of before spending moola..

u mentioned earlier, that u would NOT be frying things...

so the burnt bacon fat smell must be coming from the 3/4 ton pulling a 28 and the guy parked next door.

boondocking as us folks call it.

_________

of course one could DITCH the tank cover entirely (it's NOT needed for ANY reason)

order a unit WITHOUT a/c or an awning to get back some payload.

and so on.

camping LIGHT means accounting for WEIGHT and spending the pounds on what's MOST important.

i see NO information or acknowledgement of that primary issue here.

define the needs and pick one, then use it and find out if the choice was wise.

and IF the dealer has given U confusing info, email a/s tech/customer support...

they can answer the "what options are included with package x,y or zeee"

cheers
2air'

Old 11-22-2009, 08:31 PM   #18
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
Send a message via AIM to bredlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aage View Post
As far as trailers go, less really is less in every sense. Less room in which to take your stuff along with you, and your stuff cannot be heavy (like water storage, both fresh, and "used").
Just for fun, I'll disagree with your disagreement!

I think it's good advice to choose the TV after the TT... when that's realistic in your life.

In our life, however, we had to balance out that "we'll have the trailer longer" sentiment with the "this vehicle is our daily driver, and the trailer is our home just a month or so per year".

Shortsighted? Perhaps. But we lived with less on the road for a month this fall and did wonderfully, knowing we'd eventually be home to enjoy that 4th pair of jeans, a bedroom down the hall, etc. Laptops doubled as movie screens, and the bed became our dining room and changing area!

Yet, less did mean more for us in many cases, and sometimes made all the difference in our confidence and where we camped; like at that campground in Monterey late at night, with only a single 19 foot back-in spot left. Phew! Or when we tackled Highway 1's curviest stretch coming back from Bolinas... carving up hairpin turns with our 19-footer that would've seriously given me pause with 25 feet of trailer.

So for us, learning to live frugally, staying polite when stepping over each other, doing dishes after every meal and stopping at laundromats more frequently were worth it for us. In rainstorms, it was so cozy that we were either gonna start a family or get divorced... so we tried to enjoy ourselves.

The only envy I experienced with relation to size was some V8 jealousy in the mountains (we were in our Hi-Hy.)
Old 11-22-2009, 09:18 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
[
In rainstorms, it was so cozy that we were either gonna start a family or get divorced... so we tried to enjoy ourselves.

Love this!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since we are in our 60's we surely are NOT starting a family, and after training "rustyriviet" over 36 years,(including working together all that time) NOT likely we will get a divorce either. Instead we do crosswords, sudukko, reading books and watch movies.

Since I am a night person, and he is a morning person, the seperate bed and dining area are a real plus. Something to keep in mind while selecting your ideal A/S.
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:34 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Want or Need?

Hi, you pick and buy what you WANT and next time you might buy what you NEED. While you are boiling your water, you can also watch the condensation drip off of your pretty aluminum walls onto your nice dry bed; And watch your view from inside of your trailer rapidly disappear as all those fancy windows fog up. Just your photo equiptment, if you are really into it, will take up most of your space and weight allowance in these small trailers. With the additions of tank covers, larger propane tanks, and another battery already shows you are already in NEED of a 23' to 25' trailer. Many people are happy with these smaller trailers and many people have traded up to a larger trailer within months to less than one year with the smaller trailer. You have been given a lot of good advice so far by actual owners of Airstreams; [some for a few years and some for several decades] I suggest that you study a lot more before you buy that pretty one instead of the one that will work best for you and your wife. [It took us three years to buy our one and only trailer] GOOD LUCK.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote