Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Pottsboro , Texas
First Post. First-time RVer.

Just purchased our new Safari 25' SS. The wife and I took it out for its maiden voyage over the weekend. Life is good!

Open for any advice, tips or tricks. Very excited to be a new member of this outstanding community.
emdubyadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:25 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Hi MWD,
There are so many directions we could go with advice. One of the things that helped me a lot was just browsing the forums here. I had towed and camped before, so most of those issues weren't new to me. So I focused on the Airstream issues that I wasn't familiar with.
I would suggest the same for you. Either browse through the threads looking for issues that are unfamiliar, or do a search for something you'd like to find out.
Good luck, this site is awsome.
Dave

On edit: If you are new to towing, one suggestion would be to search for a checklist for hooking/unhooking. It's easy to forget something, especially when it's not something you've done much of.
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:58 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
and checklist for what to pack, if you don't think it thru (I love lists) guaranteed you will forget something. Every 6 months or so go thru and look at what you carry and have you used it. You can wean down what you drag along
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:11 AM   #4

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums and Airstreaming. Congratulations on your new baby. We were also new to Airstreaming and RVing 10 months ago. We now feel competent in our skills. These Forums have been a big part of our learning process.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:49 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
southwestern , Michigan
welcome emdubyadee! i actually tyed out a long message this morning, but lost it with the server change so will try again. we are also new to this and are eagerly awaiting our first rally in june. this is a wonderful bunch of people and they are always willing to help anyone out. most questions here have answers available, but if it is out of the local expertise, i'm sure someone will point you in the right direction. good luck and welcome, friend!
airstreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:15 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1990 32' Excella
Saint Petersburg, , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to Tom Randall
Became an Airstreamer in January of this year....and I would not of found my 1990 32' Excella without all the assistance from this group. Now with the International Rally coming up in June..... I am excited!! Because I feel I can get all the info I need for any problems here......
Tom & his travelin' Pal - Rusty Dog the Doxie

WBCCI # 1946AIR # 18277
Tom Randall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:30 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1950 22' Liner
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Welcome. You will love camping. I strongly agree with one of the comments above, make a list. When I was growing up, we kept the trailer ready to go at a moments notice. It was always stocked with plates, knives, forks, basic clothes, bathroom supplies, etc. That made for nice quick get a ways and we were not moving things from the house to the trailer (and forgetting things along the way). We keep the trailer plugged in for electricity and the fridge was stocked. The lists that my parents kept were about mechanicals and meals. Another thing that people take for granted are parks. Make notes on the parks that you visit, what you liked, did not like, and the sites.
KZOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:14 PM   #8
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
Ditto KZOO's status, but we do not keep the reefer stocked. Luckily, in America we have grocery stores almost everywhere so any minute trips are on our agenda.

I suggest your first trip be to a place very near home so you can retrieve whatever necessity you forgot or get back home if there is a system fault (yours or its) which otherwise makes the outing miserable.
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote