Old 10-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
2013 16' Sport
Bremerton , Washington
FINALLY, we got our AS!

Hello everyone,
Last Sunday, we purchased our FIRST AS, a 2013 Bambi Sport 16'! Got it at the dealership in Covington.
We made the deal, and waited until Friday to pick it up. And went right from there to Fort Warden to camp for three full days.

All week, we were so excited, we would just say, AIRSTREAM, and we would giggle.

We traded in our 2007 T@b in for our AS. We towed that thing everywhere. It was easy to tow, but we needed something bigger because of our 2nd rescue dog (shhh, that's our excuses).

Trust me, I spent 20 years in the Navy, worked on flight decks, and moved airplanes around on that flight deck, in the middle of storms, the Persian Gulf, and in situations that made grown men cry. But driving the Bambi off the lot, I almost threw up. I was so nervous, the last thing I wanted to do was scratch it getting to the house, and to the camp site.

But alas, we made it home, to the campsite, and back home again. And man of man, it is AWESOME!

We had so much fun, we never really took any pictures of our first trip. We were too amazed at the thing.
Any advice out there for us? For example, the storage is a little different then the T@b.

Thanks in advance folks.

Pricilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #2
Len and Jeanne
2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
Congratulations, fellow owner of one of the "little guys."

We looked at the T@B back-when, but were put off by its lack of an indoor loo. The Bambi's wet bath isn't all that convenient in damp weather when it is slow to dry out, but it is wonderful to have an on-board shower on a hot summer's day.

We have stored our "Tiny Tin" on our (steep) lot, but don't have ideal space for it. We have covered it w/ a big tarp to protect the roof during winter in snow country. We have also sometimes paid for winter storage at an RV dealer/service centre.

Some of the other members are very knowledgeable about winterizing your trailer and what to do about your batteries if you won't be using your Bambi during the winter.

Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member
2012 16' Sport
Scottsdale , Arizona
We love ours, too! Congrats!

When you say "storage" did you also mean how to organize the space inside? I know I searched the forums and got great ideas in addition to discovering many on our own!

Have fun!
BAAMbi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:29 AM   #4
Rivet Master
1977 23' Safari
Niagara on the Lake , Ontario

We recently celebrated our first year of Airstream ownership.
I pulled almost everything out of every cabinet, closet and drawer and reorganized, after a year I've figured out some more convenient places to pack away equipment.
I've also removed some items we haven't and probably won't ever use, and added some items i've discovered might be necessary.
This will likely be an annual event.
1977 Safari Land Yacht
2005 Toyota Tundra SR5
2010 Ford Flex Ecoboost
AldeanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #5
Rivet Master
2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Welcome to the Bambi club!
~~~~~~ mefly2 ~~~~~>>>
AIR 44105 /WBCCI - formerly 2015-1; Yamaha XT250
:>) ducts are now in a row w / 2015 ducted air :>)
* 2015 Duramax 2500 Diesel * Honda EU3000iS
<>2015 International LE Eddie Bauer FB25<>
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member
2006 30' Classic
Yonkers , New York
Congratulations on your new TT. Enjoy it
F450Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Congrats! We also had a T@B, towing our 2007 TQ almost cross-country. It was a great trip, and a great little trailer. (It now serves as a oceanside cabana/retreat for its new owners.) But in retrospect, we should have just borrowed the $$ and bought a 16' Bambi upfront...

The biggest adjustment for us was going from the massive king-sized bed in the T@B to the smaller Airstream beds. Got used to having a bathroom rather quickly.

Enjoy the new trailer!

mutcth is offline   Reply With Quote