Old 06-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #1

2007 25' International CCD FB
menomonee falls , Wisconsin
Question Excited new Owners

My wife and I are the very excited to the owners of a new 2007 international 25 fb. After 2 years of reseach we decided that we could not buy any other brand of trailer due to general poor quality of the materials and construction found in those other brands.

I do have one question regarding television reception. I nam able to get good picture quality when hooked up to cable, but almost nothing when I use the antenna. I live in a metropolian area so I would think that I should be able to get the local stations. The trailer came equiped with a Sony flat screen tv and Sony audio components. Do I need some kind of singal booster? Any help will be apprieciated.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
GLENDALE , AZ
Please check to see if you have the antenna pre-amp turned on. It's a little green button next to the antenna coax connector. It should be green, if it's turned on.

If it's not on, you'll probably only get "snow".

Also, you should raise the antenna and point it towards the strongest signal.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:54 PM   #3
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Go to google and search coat hanger antenna and build you a HDTV. It is very simple and works great. You do not have to use the boosters.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Congratulations! What a great Airstream. Do you have pictures you can share?? (HINT)
Old 06-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Welcome

Forgot to welcome you to the group. Big welcome aboard. I'm attaching the instructions on the TV antenna. It is easy to make.
Have a great weekend,
Joe
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ptv0821make 2.pdf (629.0 KB, 58 views)
Old 06-06-2009, 12:29 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
GLENDALE , AZ
Did you get the big canvas "brief case" with all of the Airstream engineering drawings, owners manuals and installation instructions for all of the appliances and warranty paperwork? If you didn't, you should get it from the dealer or person you bought the trailer from. It has lots of info on everything in, on or attached to the trailer.

We even got training and safety videos on towing and handling for new owners.

I take it with us everytime we hit the road and still haven't read everything in the package. But, if you need to look something up, practically anything you want to know is in there somewhere.

Happy trails!
Old 06-06-2009, 06:30 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
Upton , Massachusetts
Welcome
It sounds like the green button Phoenix mentioned. We made the same mistake. Any trips planed?
Old 06-06-2009, 09:20 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
You're in Airstream country!

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry I can't be much help with your TV antenna antenna question, as I am unfamiliar with the antenna setup in newer trailers. Unless it's a matter of needing to turn on the amplifier, as others have suggested, it sounds to me like there must be a bad coax cable connection someplace, which can certainly happen and will probably be easy to fix. For what it's worth, the original TV antenna in our 1980 Caravelle works fine with our flat-panel digital TV.

Since you are in Wisconsin, I cordially invite you to join the Wally Byam Caravan Club, International (WBCCI). I especially invite you to join as a member of the Wisconsin Unit, which in my humble opinion is the best unit in the WBCCI! (But, then, I'm slightly prejudiced!)

Please check out our website WBCCI Wisconsin Unit , look at some recent editions of our newsletter, the Badger Bulletin to see what we are all about. Feel free to send me a PM with any questions.

As luck would have it, the WBCCI International Rally is going to be June 28 - July 4 in Madison, just a few miles down the road from you. The International runs for a week and tends to be a little overwhelming to newcomers--I believe they have about 900 trailers signed up this year. If you would like to meet the Wisconsin Unit at a smaller, more laid-back Wisconsin Unit rally, the next one will be the weekend August 14 - 17 in Pipe, Wisconsin on Lake Winnebago.

Again, welcome to the forum, and hope to meet you soon!

See you down the road,
Nuvi
Old 06-06-2009, 11:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Congratulations! What a great Airstream. Do you have pictures you can share?? (HINT)
No big plans for this year but we are going to go to South Dakota in 2010. Thinking about going in the fall of the year. we have some family there and are intersested in seeing the western part of the state. Will work on pictures, we took some last week on our maiden voyage to a near by state park. Meet another air steamer there with a 94 31 foot excella. Talked to him for about 2 hours.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:59 AM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxboy View Post
No big plans for this year but we are going to go to South Dakota in 2010. Thinking about going in the fall of the year. we have some family there and are intersested in seeing the western part of the state. Will work on pictures, we took some last week on our maiden voyage to a near by state park. Meet another air steamer there with a 94 31 foot excella. Talked to him for about 2 hours.
Sounds like fun! What state park did you stay at? We are planning a trip to the Wisconsin Dells for next summer.

TK
Old 06-10-2009, 06:34 PM   #11

we stayed at Pike Lake state park in Hartford, Wi. It is fairly close to home (good for those first few trips where you need a few practice runs) The campground is fairly small (31? sites) but nicely laid out and quiet. We'll be heading up to Eagle River, Wi this fall for our last trip of the season. You'll have lots to do and see in the Dells. Have Fun!
Old 06-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
congratulations

Welcome to Airstreaming. Get out and enjoy.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:13 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
2005 25' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Athens , Georgia
Welcome to the forums. Sounds like a great trailer and we made the same mistake with ours till my wife made me read the directions, I never like to read em ..... We went to the badlands area a few years ago and were blown away by SD. Good luck with all your travels you will have nothing but great times in an airstream

Roy B