Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-02-2016, 08:04 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
barrie , Ontario
Excited, nervous and awaiting new Grand Tour

We have been looking at RV's for the past 7 years and when we saw the Interstate 6 years ago we knew that was what we wanted. We've done the remote tenting and are ready for more comforts. Due to a family situation we were not free to travel and we became the PITA (pain in the ?) customers visiting the dealer several times to narrow down details so that we would be ready to order as soon as the timing was right. Late this summer we will have delivery of our new Grand Tour. Can't wait and already I'm imagining how it will be packed for the travelling we want to do. A mix of activities are hoped for. Hiking, skiing, biking, dancing, golf, site-seeing, a little business and relaxing are activities that we look forward to. The challenge will be how to fit all the needed gear.

We're anticipating adventures, joy, frustrations, fun and new freedom as we hit the road. For our first trip we will pack our dance shoes to learn how to "Shag" in North Myrtle Beach at the SOS Fall Migration. We're excited for the next few years of Grand Touring.
catjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:16 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Southaven , Mississippi
Welcome to the forums. We have had our Grand Tour for 1 year now and have really enjoyed our trips around the many beautiful sites our country has to offer.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:50 AM   #3
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by catjer View Post
Late this summer we will have delivery of our new Grand Tour. Can't wait and already I'm imagining how it will be packed for the travelling we want to do. A mix of activities are hoped for. Hiking, skiing, biking, dancing, golf, site-seeing, a little business and relaxing are activities that we look forward to. The challenge will be how to fit all the needed gear.
That is no challenge at all. When it comes to choice, there is an "embarrassment of riches." Hitch-mount cargo tray or cargo box; box trailer; toad (with its own bike rack?); all provide ample external storage and you can find people here on the Forums who have used each of these options effectively. For internal storage, the Grand Tour already has the most internal storage of any Interstate model, and customization is certainly possible. Plus, unless you're full-timing— I have met one couple that full-times in a Grand Tour with a toad— you don't have to carry everything on every trip. You probably won't need skis and golf clubs on the same trip, for example.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:56 PM   #4
Rivet Master

I 2nd Protagonist, In that separate trips and activities will dictate what you pack. I plan lists according to where I plan to go and activities I will participate. There will be basics that can stay in Van and some that will rotate in or out. Long trips will take priority on storage.

Congratulations on your Grand Tour. You will love it!
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote