Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-14-2007, 01:09 PM   #1

2000 30' Excella
omaha , Nebraska
Escapepod

We Retired From Retail Dec 05 And Celebrated By Purchasing A 2000 Excella 30' A Few Weeks Later Via Ebay. My Parents Have Owned Airstreams For Over 40 Years And Continue To Attend Rallys And Serve As Officers In Region 8 At Ages 79 And 81. I Grew Up Camping In A 59 Caravaner Which My Husband And I Bought And Used (and Maintained) Until We Sold It About 15 Years Ago. We Decided To Spend The Last Two Winters In Phoenix (near My Folks) And Have Traveled To Monterey Bay Area Last March And Are Currently In Eureka, Ca Getting Ready To Head For Bull Shoals Lake In So. Missouri To Put THE ESCAPE POD Back In The Barn For A Rest. Our Next Trip Will Probably Take Us To The White River For Some Trout Fishing. We Have Not Yet Have The Time To Really Head Out For Some Of The National Parks And Areas We Intend To Visit- Probably Will In 2008.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02352.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	761.0 KB
ID:	35600  
JULIE RENIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:15 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Welcome!

Julie-

Welcome and congratulations on a successful retirement, and on what sounds like a terrific plan... As new member, you should experiment with the search feature (tab above) and try looking at some of the threads like "where do you recommend" to see prior suggestions for trip ideas..

Looks like a great trailer, and there are so many wonderful places to visit if you're not in a hurry or forced to rumble around 1 weekend or week at a time...

Favorite suggestions for western US-

1. Calif/Oregon/Washington coast, up to and including San Juan Islands and Olympia Nat'l Park
2. US Rocky Mountains, from Colorado through Montana up to Glacier National Park
3. Canadian Rockies National Parks, including towns of Lake Louise, Banff and Jasper.
4. Grand Canyon and 4 Corners area of Arizono/NM/Utah, including Monument Valley.

Keep us posted...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:57 PM   #3

2000 30' Excella
omaha , Nebraska
escapepod

Well, we have found some great spots- full hookups in Monterey Bay (photo), camping in the Redwoods above Santa Cruz, private penninsula on the Colorado River (Moabi Regional Park between Havasu and Needles). Lots of places here in Humboldt County have 22' length restrictions so have made many day trips to hike amongst the Redwoods and Coasts here. Our tow rig is very used (150,000 miles) so am not quite ready to head into the Rockies, etc. Do plan to change rigs next year and will feel more adventuresome with more power!
Best wishes, Julie
JULIE RENIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:42 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Just now 'broke-in'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JULIE RENIER
... Our tow rig is very used (150,000 miles) so am not quite ready to head into the Rockies, etc. Do plan to change rigs next year and will feel more adventuresome with more power!...
Welcome to the forums, Julie.

Our mighty '84 Suburban just turned over 188,000 miles, and it is still our tow vehicle of choice. Lotsa memories with this truck, so most people might not understand why I keep it on the road. I'll admit doing my own maintenance, as opposed to paying someone, is a big factor.

If you like your present tow vehicle other than the fact that its got a few miles, you might consider keeping it & hitting the road.

Tom
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:11 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Julie, considering your mentioned locations of Bull Shoals Lake and the White River, you may be interested in the forum rally currently in planning for the Branson area in mid October. Quite different from your west coast travels, but close to home. You would meet many Midwesterners who are also Airstreamers and who love to camp and share great places and stories. You can find the current thread or use the search feature to check this out Welcome to our forum! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote