Old 12-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #15
1967 22' Safari
Beaufort , North Carolina

I must say that I am a little overwhelmed by the kind words expressed in numerous emails. After reading these messages, I just wanted to say “Thank you all” your words of support and encouragement are appreciated. I read somewhere that Americans who support our troops used to be called the "silent majority." You are no longer silent, and are voicing your love for God, country and home in record breaking numbers. I cannot explain how much it means to receive that type of support for us out here. . . I had been in Iraq for approximately 500 days on this deployment. This is my third trip in 4 years. Although I hung up my uniform several years ago, I am very proud to work side by side with our nation’s war fighters serving in the US Marine Corps.

On my current assignment, I work as a ch-53 airframes mechanic for the OEM Sikorsky. I suppose this is why I was drawn to the shinny aluminum and all those hard to reach rivets.

John, I am sorry to say the band will have to wait, I am returning to the land of the big PX about the same time your feet hit the sand box. Not sure about the RV parks in Tikrit, but I can assure you that your 28’ International has way more room in it than the can I have been living in the past 16 months.

Katie & Anthony, 2kids, lots of pets…..I look forward to meeting you and seeing the progress and projects on your 26’ Overlander.

I will post a few photos of our soon to be named Safari.

"Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone."
So….Once again thanks to all for the warm welcome!

lostsailor is offline   Reply With Quote