Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
 
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Campbell , California
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 35
Drooling over Airstreams

Hi. I've been bitten by the Airstream bug. Unfortunately, DH doesn't retire for several years yet, and we have no place to park a rig to use for vacations.

We looked at a dealer's last weekend. If it was just me and the dog, we would soooo have a 16-ft. Sport and be headed down the road right now.

In the meantime, I'm soaking up information.
__________________

__________________
mykabyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
Rivet Master
 
switz's Avatar

 
2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,799
Images: 8
Welcome aboard. Keep reading, there is a tremendous amount of information here on all vintages of Airstream products and lots of accessories.
__________________

__________________
WBCCI Life Member 5123, AIR 70341, 4CU, WD9EMC

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
daveswenson's Avatar
 
2012 28' International
Issaquah , Washington
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykabyka View Post
Hi. I've been bitten by the Airstream bug. Unfortunately, DH doesn't retire for several years yet, and we have no place to park a rig to use for vacations.

We looked at a dealer's last weekend. If it was just me and the dog, we would soooo have a 16-ft. Sport and be headed down the road right now.

In the meantime, I'm soaking up information.
You can find a place to park it. I have to store mine. Not a problem.

Next objection. We have a solution.
__________________
Dave

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
daveswenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
cwf
Rivet Master
 
cwf's Avatar
 
1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,928
Images: 2
Drool on! Wash immediately to minimize corrosion.
__________________
Peace and Blessings..
Channing
WBCCI# 30676
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member
 
denmcd's Avatar
 
1978 28' Ambassador
Pella , Iowa
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 27
Blog Entries: 6
Parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykabyka View Post
Hi. I've been bitten by the Airstream bug. Unfortunately, DH doesn't retire for several years yet, and we have no place to park a rig to use for vacations.

We looked at a dealer's last weekend. If it was just me and the dog, we would soooo have a 16-ft. Sport and be headed down the road right now.

In the meantime, I'm soaking up information.
I have room in my driveway you could park it there. LOL

Welcome!
__________________
denmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
Rivet Master
 
dkrug's Avatar
 
2012 30' International
Vintage Kin Owner
Bad Axe , Michigan
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 562
Images: 5
Welcome and good luck finding the "right" Airstream. ( Wait, they all are the right one)
__________________
2012 30' International Serenity
1947 Spartan Manor
2005 28' Safari LS - traded
1977 31' International Sovereign - sold
2012 Ford F250 Superduty Crewcab

WBCCI# 1007 Air#2158
dkrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #7
Rivet Master
 
andreasduess's Avatar
 
1984 34' International
Toronto , Ontario
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,496
Images: 5
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveswenson View Post
You can find a place to park it. I have to store mine. Not a problem.

Next objection. We have a solution.


Same here. Mine is stored on a farm about 25 miles from my house. Not keeping it at the house is not an issue.

Go on. You know you want to.
__________________
andreasduess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #8
Rivet Master
 
dkottum's Avatar
 
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,716
For your next vacation rent one. Much cheaper and convenient than ownership for limited use. And you'll learn what model you really need, if any.

Airstream2GO

doug
__________________
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #9
Rivet Master
 
RichHog's Avatar
 
2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 25' Tradewind
Houston , Texas
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,142
Images: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
For your next vacation rent one. Much cheaper and convenient than ownership for limited use. And you'll learn what model you really need, if any.

Airstream2GO

doug
Aluminitus is a bad disease and you are showing symptoms of it. The only cure will be to jump in and do your dream. This is the place to learn. Look on the rally page and find the nearest one to you. There you can get face to face with some nice trailers and all you need to know.
__________________
RichHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #10
Rivet Master
 
airdreamers's Avatar
 
1985 25' Sovereign
Venice/Nokomis , Florida
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 645
Images: 14
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykabyka View Post
Hi. I've been bitten by the Airstream bug. Unfortunately, DH doesn't retire for several years yet, and we have no place to park a rig to use for vacations.

We looked at a dealer's last weekend. If it was just me and the dog, we would soooo have a 16-ft. Sport and be headed down the road right now.

In the meantime, I'm soaking up information.
Not clear as to what you are looking for. Newer, older, you say 16 foot. I suggest looking at as many as you can, newer, older. Condition of some of the older units is quite good and you could do real well buying one of those. We did and are happy for it. Right floor plan, right length, interior design all contribute to a long lasting happy ownership. Not saying the friends of Airstreams you will meet on the road, Super!
__________________
Bill and Janice, We're lovin' it! (Airstreaming)

Airdreamers

WBCCI #8880
AIR #41310
airdreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member
 
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Campbell , California
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveswenson View Post
You can find a place to park it. I have to store mine. Not a problem.

Next objection. We have a solution.
I should have specified, a "free" place to store it. We're in a townhouse with limited parking.
__________________
mykabyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member
 
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Campbell , California
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by denmcd View Post
I have room in my driveway you could park it there. LOL

Welcome!
Thanks, but you're a little far away!
__________________
mykabyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member
 
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Campbell , California
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichHog View Post
Aluminitus is a bad disease and you are showing symptoms of it. The only cure will be to jump in and do your dream. This is the place to learn. Look on the rally page and find the nearest one to you. There you can get face to face with some nice trailers and all you need to know.
Aack! I never even thought of going to a rally to look and talk.
__________________
mykabyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member
 
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Campbell , California
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdreamers View Post
Not clear as to what you are looking for. Newer, older, you say 16 foot. I suggest looking at as many as you can, newer, older. Condition of some of the older units is quite good and you could do real well buying one of those. We did and are happy for it. Right floor plan, right length, interior design all contribute to a long lasting happy ownership. Not saying the friends of Airstreams you will meet on the road, Super!
the 16 foot one would be for just me and the dog, while DH keeps working to support my Airstream habit. He objects to that idea, for some reason.

We think what we'll eventually get will be about 25 feet, with twin beds. 25 because anything bigger might problematic in National Parks, and anything smaller might be too little to live in full time. Twin beds for the storage space.
__________________

__________________
mykabyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Commercial Airstreams? Roadrunner Airstream "In the News" 1 12-20-2011 08:26 AM
Where have all the Airstreams Gone? joe hall On The Road... 79 12-11-2011 07:10 PM
Airplanes & Airstreams June 23-26 TWaugh WBCCI Rallies & Events 8 07-01-2011 03:05 PM
Looked at airstreams today.. Advice needed. mikeandnora Buyer Guidelines 45 02-10-2011 12:27 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.