Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2009, 10:47 PM   #1

Coldwater , Mississippi
Downsizing

Hello,
My name is Pat and my husband is Paul.
After 21 years of raising children we have finally married off our last of 7. with all of them living in Louisiana it is now time for us to think about ourselves. One way to make sure to stick to the plan is to downsize our living area.
We are now the proud owners of a 1971 airstream trailer. (that is all I know about it) we plan on making that our home as well as using it to enjoy extended weekends anywhere we choose. Sorry kids there is no forwarding address. I am a little nervous about the move but the good outweighs the bad. I am looking forward to this new adventure with my husband. and that is about it.
bayoulady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Welcome to the forums. It's your lifeline for all things technical about Airstreams.

Congratulations on making it so "they can never come home again"!

Seriously, I've been fulltiming for 3 years and if I had known how little I'd miss my stuff I would have done it years ago. Do be aware that there are a lot of rallies for Airstreamers run by the forums. You can also join WBCCI the official Airstream owners club (shop around for a compatible unit before you commit). Additionally there are quite a few Airstream only campgrounds around the country. I got info on one in Texas about a week ago.

Do make a few contacts in the community - I got a lot of help with technical stuff both online from members here and from many people I've met at rallies or in campgrounds.

Remember the journey is as beautiful as the destination.

HI YO SILVER, Away! Paula
Old 07-22-2009, 12:48 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
Parkdale , Oregon
Hi! Pat! Steve and I are in the process of selling our house of 30 years to be able to full time it in our AS. Right now our house is in total disaray as the kitchen has been torn out and about half of the floor coverings as well. I'm trying to go through everything and decide if it's trash, good for donation or sale, keep for storage, move into AS. I think my move into the AS pile is way to big. Right now we have a sale pending on the house with a closing date of Sept 10. In that time we have to put in a new kitchen, paint everything but the bathroom, and put in laminate floors through out. We also have a trip to Utah to take furniture to daughter who is moving to Illinois. I'm so looking forward to the adventure of traveling this great country. Also looking forward to not being in deep snow in the winter LOL!

Anne Marie
darlingbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:11 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Greetings and welcome! You will find downsizing a challenge but the ability to pick up and go wherever and whenever an amazing way to live. This forum will be an invaluable resource for you.

We are frequent visitors to Mississippi and Louisiana, love that part of the country and Maggie's family has been in southern MS since the early 1800's.