Old 09-05-2006, 06:05 PM   #1

1968 30' Sovereign
Jackson , Georgia
Don't go on vacation without your husband...

or you may come home to find a '68 Sovereign 30' Trailer in your yard and your husband's attention TOTALLY directed on that thing! He has been looking at Airstreams for many years, I personally like tent camping, but we are getting old and I guess we really needed another project going on...

We have gotten lots of info from this forum and will need much more, so you'll be seeing us on line. Thanks!

Old 09-05-2006, 06:09 PM   #2
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjackson
or you may come home to find a '68 Sovereign 30' Trailer in your yard and your husband's attention TOTALLY directed on that thing! He has been looking at Airstreams for many years, I personally like tent camping, but we are getting old and I guess we really needed another project going on...

We have gotten lots of info from this forum and will need much more, so you'll be seeing us on line. Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forums.At least he brought home an Airstream and not an SOB (some other brand)

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:14 PM   #3
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Welcome from just up the road! We're here if you need us, just ask. Lots of nice folks here.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:20 PM   #4

1968 30' Sovereign
Jackson , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan
Welcome from just up the road! We're here if you need us, just ask. Lots of nice folks here.

Jim
Yes, I have seen lots of your post and told my husband you would probably be a good, close reference. He is having a problem with the electrical system currently, so I will get him to be specific and send you a question. (Of course, by the time I get home it may be another problem!!)
Old 09-05-2006, 11:13 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Well thats what happens when you leave a man home alone and bored. Besides he could have gotten into a lot worse trouble.

My wife was the force that changed us from a tent trailer to an Airstream. Yep, I married for brains and looks.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:32 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
Not even home alone....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
Well thats what happens when you leave a man home alone and bored. Besides he could have gotten into a lot worse trouble.
Well, my hubby was just in the next room with his computer.... he likes to wake up early (sometimes 4:00 a.m. sometimes 5:00....) I like to "sleep in" until 7:30 or 8:00 a.m. I am usually in the beginning stages of being sociable after my first cup of coffee. Short history here: I bought our Bambi on ebay, but I did check with hubby first... "whatdyathink, should we bid?" A year later just as Bambi was getting close to finished... he woke me up one morning with, "whatdyathink, I just won a bid on ebay for a Flying Cloud!"

Oh dear, what did I start?

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
Old 09-06-2006, 05:31 AM   #7
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
CC, Fire away with anything you need to know. Somebody around here has more than likeky already solved whatever problem you may encounter. With 15,000 members, most problems have come up here at one time or another.

I'd love to come see your rig sometime, if we can get together. We are building quite a following on the Southside lately. Forum members EMPressly, Steelbird312, Blackboat, us and now you all live within about 20 miles of one another. Hey, maybe we could hold a mini-rally and Indian Creek State Park to show off our campers! Just kidding.

See ya down the road.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:58 AM   #8
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
The joke around our place is: that Aaron's Airstreams keep him off of street corners and out of bars....unless I am panhandling with a sign that says "will work for Aluminum" The real quote should be:"The good Lord put me on this Earth to accomplish a certain number of things...I am so far behind I will never DIE!

Aaron

WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote