Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-11-2010, 09:44 PM   #1

1979 24' Argosy 24
hutchinson , Kansas
Don't even have it yet

My name is charlie, and I just stumbled onto this craigslist deal.....wasnt even looking, although I've wanted an Airstream since I was a kid......too good to pass up......at least at this point I still think so

So....what I bought sight unseen, is a 1979 motorhome VIN number M24R9S2001P

It is painted, says Airstream on both ends, and has the galvanized roof panels.

I havent learned my way around this forum, so my question is.....what have I got ?.....or direct me to the proper area,

Thank you
litldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
I would say that it's a 24 foot 1979 motor home. There is some information about them here: Airstream, Inc :: Specs - 1970

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:37 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1962 26' Overlander
Daleville , Alabama
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forums. It took us a while to move around here and still I always seem to go to the same places, maybe this will help.
For help on a certain area be it floors. interiors, plumbing ect, I click on FORUMS (second from the left at the very top)
To see whats been posted recently I click on NEW POSTS (blue line, fourth from the right)
If I want to follow threads I have posted to or subscribed to I click on USER CP (same blue line second from left) Hope this helps, Have fun! Susan
Bo&Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:44 AM   #4

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Welcome and congratulations on your MoHo. Keep us posted us as to your adventures.

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:14 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
Welcome to the wonderful world of MH (motorhome) lifestyle. I learned a lot at 1st by reading through the threads in the MH section. You'll find it by going to the top left of this screen. Click the "Forums" tab, scroll down to the "Classics". Also read through the generic threads elsewhere like "waterheaters,pumps,air conditioners, etc". These items are the same in MH's & TT's (travel trailers).

Ricky

AIR 22749 WBCCI 2349 NOVA TAC TN-6
1989 345 LE Classic Motorhome
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote