Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-04-2009, 12:42 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2008 23' International CCD
Blacksburg , Virginia
Convinced by my husband to live in an Airstream!

Hi all!

I am new to the forum and new to Airstream ownership. My husband and I bought our Airstream in April and hit the road at the beginning of June. We've had an amazing time so far. He works from the road and I spend my time learning how to blog, planning our next route, keeping our space clutter free (which actually takes a lot of time!) and enjoying/and adapting to this new lifestyle. I've learned a lot from the forum and it is usually my first place to go when we have questions. I find that we learn something new every day (if not every hour)! Just wanted to say hello and thanks for this site. It's been a tremendous help!

We are currently in Oregon and plan to hang out here for a few weeks. If you have any recommendations, please share! And, as I said, I am learning how to blog - you can find our site at Aluminum Bliss.

Thanks again!
Old 07-04-2009, 05:33 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Western , Massachusetts
Keep it up

Lani-

Great blog, with a terrific writing style! I hope you keep up with it.

I've bookmarked it as one to follow -- we hope to be a year behind you. We've learned a lot from those who documented their renovations well. We're hoping to do the same with those who record their travels.

Please be sure to repost here with periodic updates. Many of the most active forum members are still at International this weekend.

Travel safely,

John
65CV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:44 AM   #3
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up Welcome aboard.....

Are you going to live with him?......sorry couldn't resist.

Sooper blog....
Old 07-04-2009, 05:47 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Welcome and congratulations! We are near-full-timers, feel there is just no better life. Travel safe.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:01 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1976 25' Tradewind
. , Maine to Arizona
Sounds Good To Me

America's gypsies sure do live good.
The longer you are on the road you will find you need fewer possessions.
As long as you keep your Airstream forums membership.
fastrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:20 AM   #6
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Welcome to the Forums, Lani! We're glad to have you. Fulltiming is a fascinating lifestyle, one I enjoyed immensely when I did it. Please keep us up to date on your odyssey!

Roger
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:25 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
Congratulations on your new lifestyle Lani!

What type of work does your husband do that allows it to be done from the road?
Old 07-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1999 23' Safari
Perrysburg , Ann Arbor
Love your blog! And welcome to the Forums. Your adventure may help convince others to get out there and do more, see more, live more. Sounds to me like you're having the time of your lives ... and learning all about fascinating stuff like how to hook up the slinky!

One piece of advice: don't worry about trying the driving. We've also got a little 23 footer (though it's a Safari). And from the first, my wife wanted to help with the driving. Right away she learned that if one does sane things with the tow vehicle, the trailer just sort of follows along - just like it's supposed to! Remarkable.

So, do keep on enjoying and blogging so that we can follow along and enjoy the adventure with you!

Ryanh
AirsDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:22 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2008 23' International CCD
Blacksburg , Virginia
Thanks everyone! We are thoroughly enjoying our experiences and I will definitely post updates, campground recommendations, etc.

Steve, my husband does IT work for an organization based out of both Atlanta and DC. We were in DC for several years and then he found that he could just as easily work from home (or anywhere) as long as we have internet. Thankfully, his company lets him do this so we are very fortunate to have the opportunity. Now if only I could find a job that would let me do the same!