Old 04-21-2006, 09:52 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member
1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
I concur with the "don't wait, do it now" theory. Kids are so much more portable when small but you must decide what works best for you. (yrs. ago I took off 2 days ahead of hubby w/a 3 mo. old in my parents Mini Winnie) My main comment is actually about A/ I signed us up months before finding our A/S and thankfully so. Got a Q.? Forums has the A. (The good members of the forums saved us from buying the "wrong" A/S). You've come to the right place! You'll find it welcoming here, help is always available ...... and you can't beat a weekend rally to meet other owners!

Welcome to the forums and good luck!

sue and ike
'75 Tradewind - 25'
"Cupcake" air-912
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 11:56 PM   #16
Rivet Master
1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
4 or more - B190, no dice!

Tom -

If you have 4 people or more, then IMO the B190 is a no go. TOO cramped. Think trailer in the same length and you have LOTS more functional room.

I understand the psychic bond with the old mini MH, but there are a ZILLION better options these days.

As others have mentioned, there are mainenance issues with one more drive train, there are space issues, there are all the normal trialer issues since it is a trailer with DT - plus when you get there, what do you drive??

I went through the same/ similar mental gymnastics before SilverToy became a reality for us. Having a TV helped for us, but the real nut that I couldn't crack with a MH perchase, was the end station transport. With a small/medium MH that becomes a limit also. Getting to where you want to go and being stuck there ( with kids!) can be a huge PITA.

Look for a really good older ( possibly dedicated TV) and an older TT - AS or not - and GET OUT THERE!

Burning daylight!!!

Just kidding, but think about this carefully. Glad you are here and raising these issues BEFOREHAND! It can get really costly if you do things after the fact.

SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote