Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Herndon , Virginia
Coming aboard without an Airstream

Hi everyone, happy to have discovered this forum. My adult kids bought a 27' International new last year. After a couple of tag-along camping trips, the Mrs. and I are planning our acquisition for about 10 months from now, just before I retire, along with an F150 Ecoboost tricked out for towing.

After seeing an Airstream up close, and then comparing to other brands, there's no question WRT quality and durability. There's also the idea that the Airstream is designed for durability underway, and is visually so you don't get tired of the surroundings. Almost everything else I've seen is built cheap to look like my living room, and leaves me wondering how the faux hardwood, cabinet handles and house-looking hardware will look after a couple of thousand vibrating miles. I'm pretty sure I'd be glue-ing and screwing my ass off. So Airstream it is. We like the 28' International.

Looking forward to scouring the forums and sharing all the experience and lessons learned in advance. Tx everyone.

66 coupe

(BTW the '66 coupe is a Mustang, one of two -- the other is a '65 fastback, both fully restored. I think they're where I developed my preference for quality that lasts a long time).
66coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
66coupe

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here.

I share your assessment of the SOB trailers.

Good design really is timeless. That is what I like about my 66 Tradewind, most Porsche 911's and most BMW 3 series coupes.

Good luck on your future F150 and new Airstream.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Rural, blink and you'll miss it , Missouri
Hi! welcome to the forum!

1968 Tradewind, 1948 Harley Panhead. And a 1920s bungalow house.

Eljay

1968 Tradewind Double.
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2021 25' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Welcome to the forum!
We joined last year just before we decided to purchase our Airstream. It will happen before you know it.
Bruce
p.s. Nice cars, I always loved the earliest of the first generation Mustangs the best! Had a friend in college who had a very nice 68, 289 sedan. Loved that car....
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Welcome 66coupe, we just purchased a 28 International serenity and really like her. She is not our first Airstream but sure is the nicest one we have owned. I am towing with a F-150 Ecoboost and all seems good. I do use a Hensley hitch and a TPMS system. I have also added a rearview camera

My 19 year old son has a 2008 Mustang 6 cly for a college car, I made the mistake of teaching him how to drive my TR6, now he wants a Mustang with a stick shift. It has at least got him turning a few wrenches with me.

Looking forward to hearing about your new trailer when you get her.

Jim
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote