Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2017, 06:25 AM   #1

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Lebanon , NH
Smile Chris in NH picking up Sport 22fb tomorrow

Hello all,

I am Chris. I live in NH. My husband Sean and I have 2 boys, 12 and 14. We also have a dog (Tesla) and 2 cats. Dog camps. Cats stay home.

Tomorrow, we pick up our very first travel trailer/camper. A 2018 22fb Sport. We have been tent campers for years. Boys will still be tent campers for time being.

We are wicked excited. We are leaving the boys with Grandma and camping next weekend in it. First time away together without the kids or dog too! Very exciting.

We love Airstreams and Fiberglass trailers - esp. the design and engineering. Find stickbuilts to be ugly. Decided on Airstream because we have a dealer relatively close, the actual price was much less than we thought, and we were little worried about fiberglass in extreme cold and heat and going between the 2 extremes (90 F here yesterday, will be 39F tonight). Still watching ParkLiner though.

I've been lurking here for a while. I thought it was time to join since we will be Airstream owners tomorrow. Little nervous since it will also be the 1st time either of us towed anything.

Thank you,
Chris
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:12 PM   #2
pradamary

Currently Looking...
South Easton , Massachusetts
Hope to be an owner soon

Hey Chris, My name is Mary and I live in MA in the summer and FL in the winter. I'm about to retire and want an Airstream so bad. I hope to get the 23 FB Flying Cloud. They seem kind of expensive compared to what I have looked at but I can't stop thinking about them. Have fun with your new toy!!
pradamary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 11:17 AM   #3

Currently Looking...
Manlius , New York
Hi! We're considering the 22 Sport, as well. My husband & I just have a dog, as our boys are grown. I'll be interested in how you like it, so please post some experiences! We live 2 hours south of the Adirondacks, and that will be a favorite weekend getaway.
Vreutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:08 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2017 22' Sport
2018 26' Flying Cloud
Brighton , Michigan
As a 22FB owner, I can tell you that you have many great adventures ahead. Just 2 of us, so our space concerns are less than you will experience. Easy to tow, can camp any place and requests from other non-AS owners to view/tour your rig will make your day.

Welcome to the tribe.
Rivet Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:59 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Chris in NH picking up Sport 22fb tomorrow

Hi - welcome and congrats!

2 recommendations I make from personal experience having bought an AS 5 years ago - our first ever trailer too.

1) find a Safe RV driver training class near you. Most CDL centers do them. My wife and I did this the first weekend we had the trailer. So helpful!!

2) check out local WBCCI /WBAC clubs. I happen to be in the New England Unit, there's also one in New Hampshire. Great folks with great knowledge to help make sense of everything - and we've made some lifelong friends as a great bonus!

Welcome and happy camping!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 04:54 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Congrats! How did the first trip go?