Old 12-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #1
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
Smile Checking In - Beginning the RV search

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. The wife and I are looking to retire in about 6 months if the country doesn't go off a cliff before then.

We're looking at both travel trailers and class-A MH, used ones, anything from the 60s (TT) or 80s (MH). At this point we're just collecting information but she has had her heart set on an Airstream since I met her 25 years ago. I'm guessing that's what we'll be getting.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and let you know my journey is just beginning.

Rich W.

richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
1977 31' Sovereign
Southfield , Michigan
You came to the right site Rich.

MS03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member
2008 20' Safari
Tunnel Hill , Georgia
welcome and good luck
check out online

Remember its not the destination, but rather the journey.... its what's in the middle that matters the most!
Bk Yd Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member
2012 27' FB International
Denver , Colorado
Welcome and yes, you are at the right place!! If your wife has been dreaming Airstream for that long, I can not imagine anything else will do!! Good luck! It is so fun. We just bought ours!!
Blog: Glamper~An Airstream Diary
WBCCI #4846, WBCCI DenCO Unit
Air #62992
Travel Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1991 35' Airstream 350
Carriere , Mississippi
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Welcome Rich! Check out the airstream classifieds. Also try to go to a rally in the spring to see what is out there. They are all good!
Dave and Felicia
wxbuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #6
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
Thanks, everyone. I've been looking around at some of the other posts and you guys seem to be very friendly and helpful. I used to live in Louisville, KY and I remember the big Airstream rally they had at the KY Fairgrounds. 'From sea to shining sea' took on a new meaning. Airstream people seem like good folk. :-)

We've been looking at the vintage Airstream site for about a year now, but talking about RVing for several years as our retirement approached. It started out as a joke, one cold winter's day. I once mentioned I'd like to retire on a houseboat on a lake and she said she was going to miss me but I should write from time to time.

A couple years later, while watching RV Today, I said 'how about we get a big motorhome and travel the country?' I figured I get the same response as the houseboat but she said 'yeah! We can sell the house and just live in the MH, traveling around the country.' When I told her we can't pack everything we own into a MH (we're pack rats, you see) she agreed to keep the house and begin our search for something to roam around in.

That's where we are today. With retirement in 195 days (who's counting) we're getting anxious. Thanks again to everyone for making us feel welcome.

richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote