Old 07-06-2018, 08:32 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Brixey , Missouri
CCD or split bath

Getting ready to buy our 1st AS. If you could do it all over again would you get a corner bath or the split bath? I'm looking at 25 foot length.

Stevenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 07:20 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Oak Park , Illinois
We have had both and prefer the mid split bath over the grouped corner bath.

2017 25' Safari FB
2010 F250 Lariat
FishByFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 07:41 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
X2 - have had both and prefer the split bath.
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 08:31 AM   #4
Toomuchfun

2005 19' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Cincinnati , Ohio
I have had both and prefer the split bath myself makes for larger area in the split
kcrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:42 AM   #5
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
I'm not familiar with any current production 25' Airstreams with corner baths. The largest one is a 23'.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:37 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
One of the "biggies" for my choice was a shower that I could actually use. I was spoiled with the previous RV.
In many of the Airstreams, the wheel well intrudes into the shower floor. It's marketed as a "seat", but let's be honest, it's a place you can't stand.
As you shop dealers, go into the shower and see if you have room to turn around! Then go to the toilet area and see if you could close the door while using the toilet! My last RV I literally had to open the door to stand up!
They all look great in the brochures, but the real world is where you use them.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 04:21 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Anchorage , Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
One of the "biggies" for my choice was a shower that I could actually use. I was spoiled with the previous RV.
In many of the Airstreams, the wheel well intrudes into the shower floor. It's marketed as a "seat", but let's be honest, it's a place you can't stand.
As you shop dealers, go into the shower and see if you have room to turn around! Then go to the toilet area and see if you could close the door while using the toilet! My last RV I literally had to open the door to stand up!
They all look great in the brochures, but the real world is where you use them.

MDs post hits a cord with me. 62 260 and the split bath is always seeming to fit those 510 and shorter (and less round). I would love more space. BUT - with a family of four, one can shower and the toilet is still available. So Id rather squeeze in the space and have the bath areas more readily available to all.
AKStreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 07:36 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
Conifer , Colorado
Hello from Colorado StevenB: You are wise to ask for some experience and opinions on a potential trailer you are considering. I agree the split bath is a good idea as it increases useability for the family. Some corner bath designs are pretty tight. The best advice is go to the exact model you are considering and "pretend" to shower, toilet, and the like. Close the door so the sales lady can't see you and giggle.

Select the model of trailer that has adequate room to move around, and adequate room for your gear while traveling. Airstreams are built small and a guy can't necessarily take everything you might like. I kid my wife that she needn't bring a 55 gallon drum of cream rinse plus summer shorts and a winter parka with us when we travel. Pack light.

Welcome to these Airstream Forums. I think you will enjoy the Airstream lifestyle. We certainly do.

David

WBCCI #8607
VAC Region 11

Link to my 1975 Overlander Improvement Journal:
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f17...ml#post2053792
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote