Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
Rodeo , California
Talking Can't wait to take her out for the 1st time!

Hi all
My name is Cheryl and I live in the San Francisco Bay area with my husband and 3 kids.
My husband decided to surprise me with a 99 Safari this weekend. That's the good news. The (possibly) bad news is that it has a salvaged title due to flood damage. The interior looks fantastic, although it is missing the mattress and the couch. It doesn't smell musty or anything that I would immediately expect from water damage. Can anyone tell me some things that I should look for?

We will now have to sell our beloved (seen better days, piece of junk) '72 Beaver, but it's time to move up.

I don't know what I'm going to do with all this knowledge that you all share so generously. I will gratefully accept any tips you can give me regarding maintenance and such. My brain will probably overheat trying to absorb it all. Looking forward to talking with everyone.

Cheryl

I've taken a few pictures, they can be seen here:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cheryllewisemail/album?.dir=834fscd&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=ht tp%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cheryllewisemail/my_photos
Share All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 03:38 PM   #2
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Congratulations on the airstream and welcome to the forums. I am sure you will get tons of great times from your coach.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 03:42 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
Looks great!!!!!

Looks to be in great shape. And you mention there are no smells that's good.
My first idea would be have all electrical checked out. Here in Mississippi we have a problem with moisture then mildew and then mold. But by your pictures the walls, carpet look fine. Oh I forgot to welcome you on board you will love this site and it will be a great help a lot of great folks here with a lot of great advice. Looks like a great trailer. I know the sad part is parting with the old camper we had to do the same when we got our Airstream.
Air# 9552
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:26 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Cheryl,

Welcome to the growing Northern California contingent. Keep an eye out for our informal rallies. Come along whenever you can.

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion"
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:43 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
sunnyvale , California
Rivet 99 safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Share All
Hi all
My name is Cheryl and I live in the San Francisco Bay area with my husband and 3 kids.
My husband decided to surprise me with a 99 Safari this weekend. That's the good news. The (possibly) bad news is that it has a salvaged title due to flood damage. The interior looks fantastic, although it is missing the mattress and the couch. It doesn't smell musty or anything that I would immediately expect from water damage. Can anyone tell me some things that I should look for?

We will now have to sell our beloved (seen better days, piece of junk) '72 Beaver, but it's time to move up.

I don't know what I'm going to do with all this knowledge that you all share so generously. I will gratefully accept any tips you can give me regarding maintenance and such. My brain will probably overheat trying to absorb it all. Looking forward to talking with everyone.Cheryl

I've taken a few pictures, they can be seen here:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cheryl...mail/my_photos
hi cheryl,

i sent you an e mail touching over a cuiple subjects,just let me know if you got it okay sometime.you got a great trailer.i had a great time with my 99 safari,im getting my 62 a/s ready for the intl. rally in salem oregon with the vintage crowd,just rejoined w.b.c.c.i./v.a,c.again etc.all you could ever want to know about your rig is here just for the asking.tell your husband to give me a call or e mail if you cant figure out a thing or two about the trailer.enjoy. i was delivering mmm carpets on molinaro street in santa clara and had them come out and carpet mine with comml grade dupont stainmaster ultra,and change the pad,i upgraded to zip dee awnings,street side/curbside and had a winegard roof mt satellite dish with digital azimuth/auto satellite finder and direct tv card all rcas dvds vcrs and tvs rca with rca dish computer,all connected to factory a/s audio on piggy back jacks,off the head unit.one rca remote controlled it all.a computer hides in the front couch,the left/rt top side cushions of the frt couch bed pull off and the hard drive fits in there, have fun.you got a nice trailer.

wunderful62
wayne wunder ,w.b.c.c.i./v.a.c.#4287 1962 19ft globetrotter
wunderful62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 05:31 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Welcome to the forums. I hope you have many years of fun and enjoyment out of your new camper. Oh, and congratulations on moving up.