Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-23-2010, 11:23 PM   #29
_
 
. , .
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 8,812
does ne1 else find it ODD (or ironic) that a new member from PLANT CITY...

wants a mobile home, office, school and tour bus?

no offense jeff, but sometimes threads like this one start with a question...

that is really a SET UP for something else...

like a article in a certain a/s magazine.
_______

anyway

1. the 34 isn't really set up for 4 kids and 2 adults to FULL TIME in...

2. what sort of work do u do that REQUIRES a dedicated OFFICE space, but can still be done while TRAVELING?

3. how much space does one REALLY need dedicated to the "office" ?

for example a desk/chair/puter takes very little space...

but there's already an article on THIS TOPIC in that certain a/s magazine...

4. IF one customized a 34 with a FRONT bedroom and TWINs in the rear, a bunk bed system could be used and one lower bunk converted to 'office'

5. u could tow with a TOW TRUCK...

in other words a tow truck with a FLAT BED (f450/550 or UP, or a merc' or a midsized freightliner/white industries size truck)

on the flat bed could be loaded a small'stream, and a house'stream could be towed behind this combo safely AND legally...

then you'd have a office ON the truck with the full potential of a bambi sized unit.

u could just LEAVE it up there when towing and in most rv parks, then OFF load it for longer stays...

then the truck could be used for transportation.

actually there would be room on the flatbed or a scooter/motorbike too.

your wife could use the office'stream for schooling (now called the school'stream) while u get on the motor bike and ESCAPE...

or U could put a drop down serving window on 1side of the office/school'stream and sell franks/snow cones/funnel cakes...

now the office'stream turned school'stream is a food'stream...

and all without impacting the house'stream that needs to sleep six, hooked on at the ball.

ok, enough silliness i'm going back plant city....

and i still think there is something VERY FISHY about this thread...

cheers
2air'
__________________

__________________
all of the true things that i am about to tell you are shameless lies. l.b.j.

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:19 AM   #30
Site Team
 
Aage's Avatar
 
1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,204
Images: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne&Sam View Post
A few years ago there was a post about someone who used their brand new TV to tow a brand new AS and a boat behind that. As I recall, all three were totaled.
Like this rig:



And that road looks like the roads in about all the Provincial Parks up here...

Yikes!!
__________________

__________________
“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
...John Wayne...........................
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:57 AM   #31
_
 
. , .
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 8,812
can u pull my leg with a trailer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aage View Post
Like this rig...
clearly that wasn't set up by canam...

the tv is WAY to large...

it should be a minicooper or beetle...

cheers
2air'
__________________
all of the true things that i am about to tell you are shameless lies. l.b.j.

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:38 AM   #32
4 Rivet Member
 
TRfour's Avatar
 
Grand Prairie , Texas
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 337
Oh, I think So...

Check me out and let us know...
Winnipesaukee Forum - Blog Entries

My tow will float, although I keep a snorkel setup in the glove box just for the 'Nother Side!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TRfour's Pickup.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	94666  
__________________
Terry

My photo album; http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopo...e=22&ppuser=83
TRfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:24 AM   #33
Rivet Master
 
funkill's Avatar

 
1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,447
Images: 27
And I got a butt chewing for towing my 27' with an Xterra and had to buy a new truck.

Seriously though, I experienced my first *tail waggin' the dog* incident over the holidays - towing up to Oak Hill, FL on I-95. Scary - can't imagine how much worse it would have been with anything (boat, Bambi, golf cart) BEHIND my Silver Olive. Yikes. Thankfully, someone had warned me about this and given me some pointers on how to correct it. Worked, this time - but need to invest in adding sway control to my WD hitch.

Some very good ideas have been posted - good luck in your search for something suitable. Sounds like an adventure in the making.

Laura
__________________
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:35 AM   #34
4 Rivet Member
 
2008 16' Safari
Destrehan , Louisiana
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 395
I think this falls into the "Just because you can doesn't mean you should" category. Is it posible; Yes. Is it wise or safe; No.
Just take two tow vehicles.
__________________
dlb435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:00 AM   #35
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"
 
ROBERT CROSS's Avatar

 
2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,153
Images: 1
Wink

Will be 'kinda it the same dic-ta-ment this season...we love to camp at a lake in the Adirondacks...

1 TV..

1 Airstream..

1 boat & trailer, new addition..

Never even considered a three way...
__________________
PFC.....

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:09 AM   #36
Rivet Master
 
InsideOut's Avatar

 
1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 11,793
Images: 108
Check this out...

Towing Regulations by State

Shari
__________________
Vintage Airstream Club - Past President 2007/2008
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:43 AM   #37
3 Rivet Member
 
tallytwo1994's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
tallahassee , Florida
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman View Post
does ne1 else find it ODD (or ironic) that a new member from PLANT CITY...

wants a mobile home, office, school and tour bus?

no offense jeff, but sometimes threads like this one start with a question...

that is really a SET UP for something else...

like a article in a certain a/s magazine.
_______

anyway

1. the 34 isn't really set up for 4 kids and 2 adults to FULL TIME in...

2. what sort of work do u do that REQUIRES a dedicated OFFICE space, but can still be done while TRAVELING?

3. how much space does one REALLY need dedicated to the "office" ?

for example a desk/chair/puter takes very little space...

but there's already an article on THIS TOPIC in that certain a/s magazine...

4. IF one customized a 34 with a FRONT bedroom and TWINs in the rear, a bunk bed system could be used and one lower bunk converted to 'office'

5. u could tow with a TOW TRUCK...

in other words a tow truck with a FLAT BED (f450/550 or UP, or a merc' or a midsized freightliner/white industries size truck)

on the flat bed could be loaded a small'stream, and a house'stream could be towed behind this combo safely AND legally...

then you'd have a office ON the truck with the full potential of a bambi sized unit.

u could just LEAVE it up there when towing and in most rv parks, then OFF load it for longer stays...

then the truck could be used for transportation.

actually there would be room on the flatbed or a scooter/motorbike too.

your wife could use the office'stream for schooling (now called the school'stream) while u get on the motor bike and ESCAPE...

or U could put a drop down serving window on 1side of the office/school'stream and sell franks/snow cones/funnel cakes...

now the office'stream turned school'stream is a food'stream...

and all without impacting the house'stream that needs to sleep six, hooked on at the ball.

ok, enough silliness i'm going back plant city....

and i still think there is something VERY FISHY about this thread...

cheers
2air'

Maybe it would look like sorta like this? Should be Silver of course!



Carol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fuso-115a.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	94678  
__________________
tallytwo1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #38
3 Rivet Member
 
tallytwo1994's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
tallahassee , Florida
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 228
If it were me and I really needed all the features you've mentioned I'd use an Airstream motorhome to tow a Pan American. The trailer cargo area would be customized to hold a 6 person street legal Golf Cart for excursions with the family, and the front could be an office area with room for a dedicated Master Bedroom!!!

Carol

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	airstream-motorhome-3-web.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	94680   Click image for larger version

Name:	8passjeepyellow1.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	94682  

Attached Images
 
__________________
tallytwo1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #39
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan
 
Minnie's Mate's Avatar
 
2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,693
Images: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallytwo1994 View Post
If it were me and I really needed all the features you've mentioned I'd use an Airstream motorhome to tow a Pan American. The trailer cargo area would be customized to hold a 6 person street legal Golf Cart for excursions with the family, and the front could be an office area with room for a dedicated Master Bedroom!!!

Carol
The thing is that a Classic Airstream motor home has a 2,000 lbs. tow limit. You can coax a little extra tow capacity, but not nearly enough for an AS Pan AM.

Not to mention you can't use a golf cart on most public streets...only streets in neighborhoods or where the speed limit is under 35 MPH so that wouldn't work as a get around vehicle.

If money is no object, you might buy a Prevost with bunk beds (such as band tour bus) and tow a very long flat bed trailer with the Bambi and passenger car on it...even then it really isn't practical from a length issue. Also, IIRC, Florida is one of the states that does not allow triple towing.

Sorry, but I think a new plan is in order.
__________________
2006 30' Safari - "Changes in Latitudes"
2008 F-250 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab SWB
Family of Disney Fanatics
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:56 PM   #40
1 Rivet Member
 
Plant City , Florida
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 8
I am serious. Please continue with your ideas.

Okay, I am really enjoying everyone's responsed to my predicament. I am not too sure what "2airishuman" is talking about. Why is it "funny" that a guy from Plant City is looking for a trailer? Is it because I live in Florida and I shouldn't want to travel out of Florida? Please expand. Just curious. Also, I am for real and I am not writing for a certain A/S magazine, but maybe I should. This could definitely be an interesting article. I need to find a solution so I can keep the dream alive. If I can sell my house without taking a big loss, I am ready to hit the road, that is if I can have a comfortable living space for the family, and an office. I saw a freightlhad a 31 foot airstream attached to the sleeper. If I could find it again and buy it, my problems could be solved. I could easily use it for my tow vehicle. Not sure if he sold it, but he was aksing about $17k. Sometimes you just kick yourself for not jumping at an opportunity. I have a picture of this on my email, but I am having difficult posting it on this forum.
__________________
i00jgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:13 PM   #41
1 Rivet Member
 
Plant City , Florida
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 8
I an not giving up...

Ok I think I got the picture attached this time. Let's see if this works...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Freightliner--Airstream.pdf (116.0 KB, 68 views)
__________________
i00jgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #42
4 Rivet Member
 
3streams's Avatar
 
1948 22' Liner
1961 26' Overlander
1949 24' Limited
Springs , Pennsylvania
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by i00jgn View Post
Ok I think I got the picture attached this time. Let's see if this works...
What kind of driver's license do you have?
__________________

__________________
April & Andy Hershberger
www.ClassicAluminumTrailers.com
3streams is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Airstream base camp,light weight, easy to pull trailer eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 1 07-25-2009 01:33 AM
Airstream base camp,light weight, easy to pull trailer eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 07-01-2009 04:40 PM
1959 Airstream vintage buffed 29 ft. pull trailer! eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 05-31-2009 08:00 PM
Vintage 1959 Airstream polished 29 ft. pull trailer! eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 03-27-2009 04:00 PM
Vintage 1959 Airstream polished 29 ft. pull trailer! eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 02-22-2009 05:00 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.