Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2008, 12:13 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
Grants Pass , Oregon
Buying an Airstream

Howdy, Im retiring in 2 weeks and have decided to buy a used Airstream. They are not easy to find here in southern oregon but I have located a couple that I plan on motering up to see. One is described as a 75 25 foot model. The ownder was nice enough to send me a copy of a floor plan but I would like to find photos of the interior layout. Going to the Airstream website just confuses me as there are many different models in that length. Can someone direct me to a site where i can find interior shots of this trailer?

rgds
Lee
pixiehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:16 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
You should be able to find the information you are looking for here: Vintage Airstream Photo Archives

Welcome to the forums.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:17 PM   #3
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Welcome to the forums.
Here is a good website that shows different models and years: Vintage Airstream Photo Archives
Good luck with your retirement, I am jealous. I have a few more years to go...

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:06 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1973 31' Excella 500
Morristown , Tennessee
Welcome to the forums. There is nothing like getting the bug for an Airstream except actually travelling in one that functions perfectly whcih included safely. There are volunteers on the forum who could look at the unit with you if close enough. That is the best way to know what is really there. Read the forums to get the basics on what to look for if you go by yourself. Take plenty of pictures both general and close up and post them. There are many here who would like nothing more than give an opinion about condition, needed repairs and reasonable cost. I personally like the 70s vintage the best since it has modern conveniences but did not get rediculously heavy. They are easy to work on and parts are readily available or can be fabricated.

Good luck.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:42 PM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums, Lee. We're glad to have you with us. There's a lot of good Airstream info here.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:26 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Lee, if you get a chance, go visit an Airstream rally near you. My wife and I are searching for a trailer and we learned a lot from this. Most owners are very willing to show you their trailer. (We even got a tour of a local trailer that is getting a near-frame-off restoration. Amazing to see how these are assembled, good and bad.)

By seeing a dozen or more of these trailers at a time, you start to figure out which floorplans work for you. There are also scans of old Airstream brochures online - these can be a big help in figuring out what you want.

Finally, its worth a wander through the inventory at your local Airstream dealer. Again, it helps you see the differences between new and old.

Although on the one hand I wish you a speedy location of your dream trailer (I've been looking/thinking/surfing for months), looking at multiple trailers lets you get a feel for condition and value.

Enjoy retirement and the hunt for your Airstream!
mutcth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:03 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
Mount Vernon , Kentucky
Give it a thorough look over. There is a wide range of possible conditions that trailer could be in. I have seen some in really great shape and some that were probably more suited for scrap. Don't be afraid to look every where in and on the unit. Good luck
94Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:36 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Malibu , California
Ok we were so excited and I gave the check before I called our volunteer inspector. I have seen several up in Oregon on Craigslist. Always try to get a volunteer inspector as you can read our story about how he saved us from a possible mishap on the way home. I looked for 2 months sometimes missing one by a few hours. Now our gal is in the shop so now 2 more months till we get on the road.
Airstreamin is contagious! take your time and use this forum. Happy streamin! gail and bill
gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

1963 28' Ambassador
Smiths Grove , Kentucky
Welcome to the forum. Good luck on your purchase! There are many on the forum who can give you excellent guidance, just ask.

63silver
63Silver is offline   Reply With Quote