Old 05-30-2007, 09:23 AM   #15
Rivet Master
2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
We just noticed the same bad design on our back bumper.

I would be inclined to get a new full width piece of aluminum take it to a bender put an 's' drill the rivets from the outer skin along the bottom - slide up the new piece vulkum the *&^%. Remove the bumper lid and run the s over the bumper so that any water that gets in runs into the base of the bumper compartment instead of back towards the floor. Install a grate in the bumper compartment so that the water runs out freely - not drip holes as they will just get bunged up with dirt from the road.

Seems like an easy design in my head I wonder how easy it would be to fabricate and install

Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright now, then it is not the end.
GT1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:27 AM   #16
Addicted to Aluminum
1959 18' "Footer"
1964 24' Tradewind
1954 29' Liner
Woodstock , Georgia
I hate to tell you guys... but they ALL leak! haha!

I'm picking up the trade wind today with it's new GREY TANK installed! I didn't have time to do it myself. I'm planning on doing the other 2 myself, though. Looks pretty straight-forward.

there's always room for one more!
A-Merry-Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:12 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member
1963 26' Overlander
Cleveland , Georgia
Nice looking gt! 63 overlander here. By all means use the forums. Some people in the camper biz can figure these old airstreams out, but the guys here have direct hands on experience. It may take a while but you can search out a solution for just about anything here. (Search feature is a tad sluggish). Good luck. Post lots of pics.

Some days you're the windshield,
Some days you're the bug!

"Life's a garden, dig it" Joe Dirt
bigeasy63 is offline   Reply With Quote