Old 08-24-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
1984 31' Excella
Dallas , Texas
Back to My Roots!

Hi everyone! I've been lurking on this forum for over a year. I grew up in the AS life & wanted to share it with my kid, so I own a 1984 31 ft Excella. Growing up, my parents had a '69 23 ft Globetrotter, a '76 27 ft International & a '84 31 ft International. So, I upgraded from there. Have 1 problem that my parents didn't have: not enough vacation to spend traveling the country! So, we've been visiting the state parks close to home instead. It's still as great as I remember! However, I have some huge medical bills to pay, so I have to sell this one. It's ok because there are still 2 other AS in my family that belong to my siblings. All in the family, as they say. Anyway, thanks to all of you belatedly for all the tips you gave me on repairing everything on this AS- I'm leaving it better than I found it, so I can feel good about that. This may be the first AS I owned, but I doubt it will be my last!

ASKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
Figment of My Imagination
2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
If you've been lurking for a while, it may seem odd to say "Welcome to the AirForums" but until you announced yourself, we couldn't say it to YOU.

So, welcome to the AirForums! Here's to hoping that you can dish it out as good as you take it, because we'll be looking for tips from you, too.

WBCCI #1105

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #3

1975 Argosy 24
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
More Texans! That's great. Hopefully you'll be back to the Airstream life soon, and hanging out on the forums helps you stick with it. I was a member here for nearly 5 years before I bought one!

Il Carriaggio 1975 Argosy 24 | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote