Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2006, 06:26 PM   #1

Rio Rancho , New Mexico
B & W

We currently have a 2001 Coleman Mesa Pupup. It isn't too durable, and in spite of what Marla said, "It only takes 10 minutes to set it up", I don't think so. Furthermore, it isn't very durable, and we would like something more than cloth between us and the bears. So we are looking for a lightly used Airstream, reasonable, like everyone else. We get lucky now and then.
Will Drobnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:36 PM   #2

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums. This is the place to learn about Airstreams. There are some deals out there, but it will require some looking. You first need to do some research as to what size and layout would work for you. Then shop.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:34 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Looking is good...

Welcome to the forums!

Half of the fun of owning an Airstream is choosing which to buy! We looked for a long time for just exactly what we wanted...often found it, but not at the right price. Finally! Got her!

Actually this is a good time of year to begin looking. Folks who have decided they are done with the camping thing, or whatever... (paying their health iinsurance or fuel bill! ) might be selling. We bought 2 Airstreams on ebay. Lots of pros and cons with different folks. It can be a great experience (like ours...) or you can get scammed. Just use good sense and try not to be too emotional. [Very difficult when you have aluminitis!]

I would suggest you review the following thread. Gives lots to think about. The thread was actually started for new Airstreams, but many of the decisions are the same whether new, vintage, or somewhere inbetween!

http://www.airforums.com/forum...eam-22920.html

I would also check out airstream values in the search tools. There are several good links to what prices are reasonable. I would keep an eye out on our classifieds for something near you, check ebay even if you don't want to purchase online to see what is selling and what isn't and for how much, check your local papers, etc. It takes some research, but they are out there!

Here's wishing you luck on finding just what you want in your own neighborhood! When you have other questions on condition, etc. post them...the folks here are very knowledgeable and helpful!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:45 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Greetings Will...

You have an extended community of Airstream enthusiasts right here in Albuquerque including Airstream25 and Ken J, who are both frequent contributors to these forums. I have owned 3 or 4 Airstreams through the years and have a line on a number of "vintage" Airstreams (over 25 years old) right now. Vintage Airstreams are not for the faint of heart and require more "owner involvment" than the newer models. Though I like Vintage, I recommend new Airstreamers shop for units 6-9 years old. That's where the values are, IMHO.

Anyway, please let us know what you have in mind, how many in your family, and most importantly, what kind of tow vehicle you own. We will get you on the road before next camping season! Airstream25 and Ken J will even make you a member of the new WBCCI unit they are trying to establish.
Four Corners Unit WBCCI #5783
Alumaholic is offline   Reply With Quote