Old 05-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite

2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
Avenue Suite Inquiry

I am very new to the community here and am interested to find out how many 2012 Avenue Suite motorhomes were manufactured. Have been unsuccessful locating that information directly from the home site or from dealer. First and last unit's last six digits of serial # would answer my query.

We have recently purchased one and are interested in this largely due to the rare status that the short term of manufacture of these will present. Thanks in advance for your input.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm not really sure how many have been made but the Interstates have been in production since 2004 (I think). You might try e-mailing airstream and asking about this ..

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #3
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite

2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm not really sure how many have been made but the Interstates have been in production since 2004 (I think). You might try e-mailing airstream and asking about this ..
Thanks for your response Janet. The fact that the Suite model was only produced for 2012 makes us think the number is relatively low. The email was my next course of action.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Most manufacturers regard production info as proprietary information, so don't be distressed if you don't get a useful response.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite

2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
Response to overlander63

Thanks for the input. The listing of serial numbers elsewhere made me hopeful the request might be within their policy parameters.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
On the Airstream factory tour last Friday Don mentioned that they still have a couple of new Avenues that they can't get rid of.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #7
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite

2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
That would be understandable since there is a certain market for class B in general. And "get rid of" is less likely an accurate account of what the situation may be. With a market for class b's saturated with more well known, somewhat less appointed though slightly lower priced(initially) options. The "new kid on the block" Avenue, though no longer in production will likely become a sought after item once those who have owned them have been heard regarding reasons they are a very good choice. And the Suite will likely become the model of choice of those who have become better informed. I would be more likely to think that the statement by the member of the factory personel did not include the actual words "get rid of". A statement actually containing such words would cast doubt about other products produced there in the minds of some and thus wording such as that would likely be avoided. My research has turned up none available new as well as few coming back to the market, though they were in production since 2009 according to my research thus far. If there were a need to move left inventory, dealers would already have received and discounted the remaining ones. After all they are also Airstream products. As such, the right price would be met by some discerning, informed class b seeker. Thanks for your reply. What I know from first hand experience is that the quality and amenities in the Avenue Suite far surpasses those of any other gasoline powered class b on the market and now they are no longer produced.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:26 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Sounds like you love your Suite, RRR. Thwt's all that really matters.

I think you are the first such owner to post on here.

We saw a number of these on the lot at the Gulfport, MS, but have not seen any on the road.

Reading Protag's post about fiberboard cabinets covered with sticky paper in other Class B models just made me cringe. Yuck!!

What sold us on ours, instantly, was the beauty of the interior. You seem to feel the same way.

Enjoy it, and we'll look for you on the road.

Maggie
Old 05-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #9
RRR
2012 Avenue Suite

2012 Avenue Coach
SPRINGFIELD , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
Sounds like you love your Suite, RRR. Thwt's all that really matters.

I think you are the first such owner to post on here.

We saw a number of these on the lot at the Gulfport, MS, but have not seen any on the road.

Reading Protag's post about fiberboard cabinets covered with sticky paper in other Class B models just made me cringe. Yuck!!

What sold us on ours, instantly, was the beauty of the interior. You seem to feel the same way.

Enjoy it, and we'll look for you on the road.

Maggie
Thanks Maggie.

Airstream puts the exact same quality of products in the Avenue. The second most reason I went with Avenue is that I have an airway condition that is severely irritant sensitive and I cannot be around diesel exhaust anymore.

Of course, the primary reason is that I needed a mobile space that I could manage irritants in and the price was also a good percentage less than the Interstate.

From what I was told by one dealer, the decision to stop manufacturing Avenue was largely based on the general popularity of diesel units and that they decided to have only one class B in their line-up; so they stopped production of Avenue.

As far as the cardboard cabinets, I wouldn't know what models those were. The three other major manufacturers use wood as you may know.

Since the main reason for purchasing was to keep a manageable airspace near me, I am quite pleased w/it. I have had it since 12/19/12 so haven't had time to come across others.

There was a thread on here that I found from months ago regarding resonating the gen exhaust that one fella posted regarding his 2011. That's all I've come across so far.

I like your '06 Interstate. I'll keep an eye out for ya' though I travel less that one who has theirs mostly for recreational purposes.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:06 PM   #10

Rural , Midwest
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and have been looking for posts about the AS Avenue. I hope you all don't mind if I post on a couple of old threads and ask if you Avenue owners are still happy with your vans? Any problems?