Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-30-2007, 09:33 PM   #41
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Congrats and welcome...may you wean it from your wallet early
soldiermedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:33 PM   #42
2 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Pasadena , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic
Congrats and welcome...may you wean it from your wallet early
No kidding, this is a fierce little habit! In the last 24 hours we've made 3 trips to OSH, and another trip to the ICI paint store. And that's just for the little stuff!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:14 AM   #43
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Eureka , California
Tell me about it! The lumber yard here finally told me I didn't have to show them my license anymore- they know me!!

More pics????? I'm a junkie!

"If you want something done right, do it yourself!"
sequoiacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:39 PM   #44
2 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Pasadena , California
Since you asked...

Okay - I painted the front half, which took more time than expected (of course!), but we're happy with the color.

Unfortunately, my camera isn't speaking with the computer, so I don't have today's photos, but I took a couple last night. The lighting isn't great - but I painted over the peach with a primer and then a light green (supposed to match Dunn Edwards "Roman Tip", but I think its off a little). Anyway, my husband stripped the valences to the metal and they look great! Today he started polishing the hardware (levers, handles etc). We need to replace the weatherstripping on the louvers and he's going to polish the sill, which is pitted. I'm also including a "before" photo of the front. At some point I'll get the "after" up.

While we're pleased with the progress, I keep looking at other people projects - yours & Ambies, for example, and wonder if we are truly lucky or just deep in denial about what lurks between the skins. As far as I can tell, this trailer has mostly been in So. Cal., so I'm hoping that explains it, or we're in for a world of hurt!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BeforePaint005.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	35025   Click image for larger version

Name:	BeforePaint004.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	35026  

Name:	BeforePaint003.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	35027  
Old 11-19-2007, 12:09 AM   #45
2 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Pasadena , California
Getting back to at least thinking of doing something...

Life does have a way of getting in the way of progress...first it was the need to get a job that wouldn't make me crazy, then when I did, my back went out. I had planned to have a whole month free to catch up on projects, but spent the month of July in bed and started the new job with a cane !

In the meantime, my brother and his dog slept in the trailer once; and today I decided that the green paint I chose isn't quite right. Now that so much time has gone by, the thought of redoing it isn't too bad. Or is it?

Since I don't have any new pics to show progress, I thought I'd share an incredible restoration of a carousel pipe organ. Not only was the paint beautiful, but they (father and son) had remade each pipe piece so it can still read and play the music. Just amazing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Carousel.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	49558  
Old 11-19-2007, 09:19 AM   #46
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
We have missed you!

[quote=NataliePK]Life does have a way of getting in the way of progress...first it was the need to get a job that wouldn't make me crazy, then when I did, my back went out. I had planned to have a whole month free to catch up on projects, but spent the month of July in bed and started the new job with a cane !

Yikes! Natalie, We were wondering what happened to you. I for one thought that you took time off to go camping in the new toy and just forgot to tell us that you finished working on it and were now enjoying it!
I'm sorry to hear about your back trouble and hope you are feeling better now! That being said... Get Back To Work!!! On the Airstream that is... and when you get a chance post more pics! Happy Trails, Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:49 PM   #47
2 Rivet Member

1964 24' Tradewind
Pasadena , California
I missed you too!

Let's see, if I get through December, next year promises to be much better! Did I mention my husband has decided that he needs to move the water heater before he'll try to tow the trailer out of the backyard?

Visions of blowing up the house on the way out or on the way in!