Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-08-2016, 01:52 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Wilmington , North Carolina
Anyone do Airstream delivery?

I live in North Carolina and I'm purchasing a truck and Airstream from New Hampshire. Is there anyone available to inspect, pick up and deliver to North Carolina?
lssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:36 PM   #2
Stay CazuaL

2018 25' Flying Cloud
2014 19' Flying Cloud
Reseda , California
You'll find out they charge by the mile. FYI. I remember researching this a while back when I took my AS to Big Bear, CA, but my TV was struggling. We wanted to go back and was looking for an option of renting a truck or having someone take it there.
*Virtual campfire at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Airs...dictsforAdults
cazual6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 04:15 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Welcome, For inspection go to the portal page, right hand side and you will find the inspector search section. For transport Google "travel trailer transport". There are dozens of licensed companies that do that for a hefty fee.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 04:21 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Should I ever be fortunate enough to retire some day, I'd love to do something like this. I love towing my AS and would love to help someone out like this. Wonder if any retirees out there would be willing to help? Good luck!!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:01 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Newberg , Oregon
As a retiree, all I see are downsides. Inspect a AS someone else is buying sight unseen? What if the buyers expectations are higher than the inspectors? Put wear and tear on your personal tow rig while towing someone's trailer over unknown roads? Insurance for a commercial venture?

Good luck.

Mike
Caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:06 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post
As a retiree, all I see are downsides. Inspect a AS someone else is buying sight unseen? What if the buyers expectations are higher than the inspectors? Put wear and tear on your personal tow rig while towing someone's trailer over unknown roads? Insurance for a commercial venture?

Good luck.

Mike

Dream crusher! 😀😀😀
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:14 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1979 23' Safari
Wayland , New York
Are you purchasing both the truck and trailer from NH? So you would need someone to drive the whole setup, truck and trailer down to NC?

Caffeinated, would expect you to be more of an upper, been a bit of a downer lately. Popcorn?
HiJoeSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:53 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Ebro , Fla Panhandle
Sounds like you are wanting to hire someone to do what you should make time for yourself. No offense, but
You Could benefit from going to check out the rig with the seller. Learn about the trailer and truck directly from the P O.
After the seller helps get you all familurized and hooked up correctly, you will be a big leg up over having it delivered. Plus saving a bunch of $s in the process.

Is the truck newer, and ready to go? The trailer been towed resently?
Age of tires. Condition of brakes, etc.

The handoff from one owner to the next can be a good part of the initial bonding experience with the new rig.

I'd like to do that sort of job for the right rig. But am on the other side of the country.

Good luck getting it home.

Cheers Richard
tevake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:42 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Newberg , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiJoeSilver View Post
Are you purchasing both the truck and trailer from NH? So you would need someone to drive the whole setup, truck and trailer down to NC?

Caffeinated, would expect you to be more of an upper, been a bit of a downer lately. Popcorn?
Yeah, I know what you mean. It's probably all the EMI that's harshing my mellow.

Mike
Caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:25 AM   #10

Currently Looking...
Wilmington , North Carolina
Turns out, the best way to have something delivered like an RV, truck, trailer etc is USHIP.
It was really user friendly and had plenty of options at a very reasonable price as far as I am concerned.
Thank all of you for your input and I will let you know how it turns out.
lssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:36 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2003 25' Safari
Riverside , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazual6 View Post
You'll find out they charge by the mile. FYI. I remember researching this a while back when I took my AS to Big Bear, CA, but my TV was struggling. We wanted to go back and was looking for an option of renting a truck or having someone take it there.

Sounds like fun,after I retire I would love to tow Airstreams to great locations.Or even the short tow from the flat lands up the hill
2015 Toyota Tacoma trd 4x4
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4x4
Bob4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote