Old 03-14-2014, 08:10 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Rochester , Minnesota
Another newbie on the road

Hello all,

Just wanted to drop a line to introduce myself. I am Carrie, a brand-spankin-new RVr with a freshly accepted offer on a 2014 Flying Cloud 25fb! We purchased from Shorewood RV in MN and our final offer of 16% off MSRP was accepted a few days ago. I know some get better deals (and maybe some get less than great deals) but I also know that I could not be happier with the whole experience.

We custom ordered the Twin Beds in Mica and also included the awning package and left off the solar (for now, at least) due mostly in part to all the great opinions I have read around here. It will include the inverter and a regular oven (was not excited about the idea of the convection microwave option).

All in all, happy to be able to finally participate in these forums as opposed to just stalking them.

Thanks to all who have unknowingly participated in the purchase of one my life-long dreams (I think my husband is especially thankful to each of you too) and cheers to an ever-expanding Airstream family!

LucaBluPlus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:22 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Welcome, congrats and what a cute pooch!!

16% isn't bad at all! Glad you got what you wanted. Read a lot here - this group (myself not included) have great insights to help you become a pro!

Enjoy - oh, and more pics soon! If that pooch in your avatar is yours, I started a thread called "what our pets think" - I'd love to know what that dog is thinking :-)

Happy camping!!

SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Rochester , Minnesota
Yes! Happy Camping indeed!

And you are right about these forums, I have been reading them (I bashfully admit, daily) for months. I have known that I wanted to buy an Airstream from the first moment I saw one as a young girl. After spending so much time in these forums and reading the wisdom and support that is shared, only made my commitment that much more exciting.

I am very grateful to be part of a such an amazing bunch of people, I only hope that one day I will have a small percentage of the experience and wisdom that is to be found here!

I promise (no fingers crossed) to post photos as soon as we pick her up. And my dog thanks you for the flattery. She is a couple years older now, but I think she has only gotten cuter!

In regards to *what she thinks,* I can only imagine. We used to pack up our Suburban for tenting road trips and as soon as we opened the tailgate, she would jump in. And stay there. For a long time, like even want to just hang out and nap in there. Secretly, I think she might lose her mind a little when we pull the new Airstream in the driveway.

If I only had a dollar for every time I got distracted, I wish I had a puppy.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member
2014 25' Flying Cloud
West Dummerston , Vermont
Wow, sounds like you are in for some fun. Welcome aboard. We are just like you- we're picking up our new 25'fc this coming week.
Rick, Mary, Molly(Boston Terrier)
Trailer - 2014 25' Flying Cloud
2011 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
2008 Triton TR186
ricks-vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:22 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Rochester , Minnesota
Gonna be good!

Originally Posted by ricks-vt View Post
Wow, sounds like you are in for some fun. Welcome aboard. We are just like you- we're picking up our new 25'fc this coming week.

Oooooooooh, Very exciting for you too! Is this your first Airstream and/or RV too?

I feel as if there are a million things to do before ours comes in...get the hitch...get the TV for bedding...dishes... The list goes on and I wouldn't want it any other way. Oh, so excited.

Congrats to you both (and Molly!)

If I only had a dollar for every time I got distracted, I wish I had a puppy.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:34 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member
2007 25' Safari
Spanish Fort , Alabama
Congratulations on your new Airstream!! I think you and you husband made a very good choice. In addition to loving our twin bed conversion (see your sheet reference) we also have the oven. I love it and do not miss having a microwave (/convection) at all. Keeps it very basic, especially if you are w/o electricity!! I love the ability to freeze leftover casseroles in small foil brownie tins to store in my freezer for upcoming trips. I also freeze packages of 2 burgers, chops, chicken breasts, steaks with "Food Saver Bags" so I am ready to go whenever. I find if my freezer is full with usable meals, it maintains its temperature better. We bought ours 2 years ago January and have enjoyed it very much. You will also enjoy meeting some of the people you come across on the forum. Once you have your airstream, it is a very small world. Maybe our paths will cross sometime..... Enjoy your journeys!
Tom and Robin
2007 Safari 25' FB Twin
"If you have to go through a minefield....follow somebody"
Alumitater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:00 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member
2006 30' Classic
Wildwood , Missouri
Hi Carrie,
Welcome! It sounds like you were the driving force behind the idea of getting an Airstream. Same for me. Luckily I sold my husband on my Airstream dream and now he loves it too. We were in your neck of the woods last summer on our way to Grand Marais. Wonderful place! I hope our paths will meet too. We are going to the Moraine View Rally in June, maybe you guys could join us - in Bloomington area Illinois. Check out the link on the forums.
kswelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:26 AM   #8

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome Carrie, and congratulations on your new baby. Having spent almost 1,400 nights in a 25FB, we can tell you that your have selected a great floor plan.

Best wishes with your new baby, and may you have many great Airstream adventures.
SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2011 Silverado 3500 (Fred) with Outfitter Truck Camper (Ethel)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:43 AM   #9
Rivet Master
2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
Welcome aboard Carrie! We are newbies too - just bought a 27FB Eddie Bauer. Have taken two weekend trips so far and absolutely love it! Our a/c went out last night at our home and if the repairman doesn't make it today, we will be sleeping in the Airstream tonight!! ) I think you did good on the price! Have fun and safe travels!

Let the good times roll!! Laura
Remax gal is offline   Reply With Quote

« Bubba John | Top | Rebuild? »