Old 04-17-2011, 08:35 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB International
Los Angeles , California
Oops, forgot to attach the photos... For some reason one of the photos keeps getting loaded upside down (so I deleted it), I don't know why it was upside down since it looks okay on my Mac...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	San Mateo-1.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	127275  

WBCCI #1215
Air #54601

Remember... No matter where you go, there you are...

2009 27FB International Ocean Breeze
2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 5.7L V8, 4x4
Scott J-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Fantastic Fan

Hey, looks like you are in for good times. Regarding the fantantic fan vent. Mine "sticks" sometimes. It is the rubber gasket. Maybe that is the problem with yours. What I did was get a ladder and lifted it from the outside while my wife manually turned the knob. It popped free. Then I "dressed" the gasket with Armor All.
You've got a great looking trailer.

Randy Bowman

Old 04-17-2011, 09:42 PM   #31
What's a rivet?

2008 23' International CCD
Napa , California
Congrats on your new trailer, we have an 08 23 ocean breeze.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:15 PM   #32
Rivet Master

Los Angeles , California
OB Bambi, thanks for the tip, we noticed that a number of our windows were stuck to the gasket and once they were (carefully) pried open, they opened easily. Is Armor All what we should use or is there a silicon product that we should use. Being newbies, we have lots of questions. We were in your neck of the woods this weekend at the San Mateo campground overlooking Camp Pendleton. It was or first visit there and was glad to find a little bit of wilderness by the coast between LA and San Diego. We are looking for more 'quick getaways' within an hour or two of home. If you have any other suggestions you can make for great campsites that are close at hand, we would love to hear about them.

SilverBreeze, we are very fortunate to have found our AS. It was a long search, but well worth the wait. While we were hoping for 25' or 27' Ocean Breeze addition, we weren't sure we would find one in our price range, especially after just missing out on a few others. We are so glad that our first trip was so successful and can't wait for our next long weekend.
WBCCI #1215
Air #54601

Old 04-17-2011, 11:07 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' International CCD FB
walnut , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott J-24 View Post
We just got home from our first trip and had a great weekend. Everything went great with just a few minor issues. First, when we hooked up to leave we realized that we had WAY too much stuff in the back of the TV. The chains were on the ground and the front of the truck was up. That was quickly remedied by taking some things out of the back and redistributing the heavier load item closer to the truck cab and by taking up one link of the Reese WD hitch. Another problem was with one of the two Fantastic Vents. The one in the front wouldn't open while the one in the back worked just fine (maybe missing a tooth or two on one of the gears?). The only other problem was with the television antenna. After raising the antenna, pointing it in the same direction as the other trailers in the CG, and turning on the 'booster' switch we got nothing but snow... and a 'weak or no signal' message. This may have been caused by my not knowing what I was doing (although I did read the section in the manual on this) or there just wasn't any television signal in the area we were located in. I presume that a 2009 AS has a digital antenna and not the old style analog type, but that may be a bad assumption on my part. Needless to say, even with these minor problems, it was a very successful maiden voyage (we only wish we could have stayed longer). Here are a couple of photos from the trip.
Go to this https://store.airstream.com/product_...roducts_id=380 for your antenna to get digital tv . It makes big different .
Old 04-17-2011, 11:13 PM   #34
Rivet Master

Los Angeles , California
joelin1, Thanks for the lead!
WBCCI #1215
Air #54601

Old 04-18-2011, 12:50 AM   #35

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelin1 View Post
Go to this https://store.airstream.com/product_...roducts_id=380 for your antenna to get digital tv . It makes big different .
The difference isn't digital vs. analog, it's VHF vs UHF. "digital antenna" is just a marketing ploy, but many digital channels are in the UHF frequency range.

Check out a site like Antennaweb.org to see what you can expect to receive in a given area.

Zero Gravitas 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:20 AM   #36
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Indian Harbor Beach , Florida
Scott and Becky,
Congrats on the new baby!! We have the same unit but in the Cilanro interior. Referring to your antennea problem, we put a booster on our antenna and it has
helped immensely on our trips to get better reception...it wasn't too expensive either.
Enjoy your trips, you have a beautiful AS!
Andi