Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-16-2018, 07:28 PM   #1

2018 30' Classic
lubbock , Texas
Another Airstream Newbie

My wife and I will be taking delivery of our 1st Airstream in about a week. We are excited and a little apprehensive. We have had a Diesel Pusher so living large will no longer be in our future.
The idea though of only taking what we need is appealing though, and I think the Airstream looks to be as straight forward and reliable as anything on the market. We looked at cheaper options, but really didn't see any quality builds out there. Airstream seems to be a trailer we can enjoy for many years to come.
I'm about 4 years away from retiring and we want to see the country. Any advise will be welcome, I plan on reading the forums and gleaning as much information from all of you as I can.
Thanks and safe travels,
2016 GMC
shanusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:22 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
Welcome to the Forums!
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:36 AM   #3
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Welcome to the forum. It's great to have you "on board".

My advice is to get an AS sooner than later. We wish we would not have waited. We enjoy our AS and I'm confident that with normal maintenance it will be in use for many, many years.

I heard the Sales Manager at AS make a comment that I had never thought of before. He said, because the shell of the AS is made first, all interior components must come in through the door. That is why they can be forever updated, remodeled, etc. That makes sense to me.

Happy hunting for your AS!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:14 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Welcome from Colorado: We've had an Airstream since 2005. Our 86 Limited has been in the family since new and was passed down to us. We enjoy traveling in the thing now that we have retired. I also enjoy the vintage Airstream hobby and working on these old trailers.

Airstreams are "small" and durable. You will learn to travel light, and duck your head when you enter and leave the trailer. They tow easily and handle well.

Jump right in these Forums and learn all about your new Airstream.

David
WBCCI #8607 VAC Region 11
KnowledgeBase trailer renovation threads: 69 Globetrotter, 76 Sovereign, 75 Overlander, 66 Trade Wind Such fun !
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote