Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2007, 12:30 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1981 27' Excella II
Lynnwood , Washington
And So It Begins!

I’ve been looking for some time now for a trailer and this week I found one and jumped into it with both feet. It’s an 81 excella ll, 27 rear bath, twin. What made me jump was the fact that the body is nearly perfect, no dents or dings. I spent a lot of time on this site learning the ins and outs of owning one of these and the type of repairs to expect. So thanks to all those who give up their knowledge, I’m looking forward to this project and hopefully to contribute myself. I do have a couple………hundred questions but I’ll save those for later. So far (3 days) it’s been quite a journey, the truck doesn’t quite handle the load as well as I’d hoped, nothing that throwing money at won’t fix. I’ve already ripped the front interior out to repair a few floor issues. Other than that all components are working so it will be just a little remodeling to put on my personal touches as time allows.

Thanks again, I’m sure we’ll be posting questions soon.
Ron
Ifihadtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:40 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Congrats!

Ron -

Congrats on joining the coolest group goin....ASer's!

Enjoy that unit, and post every question you have.... you'll likely get 2 or more opinions for every one

Axel
SilverToy
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:14 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Be sure to take BEFORE, DURING and AFTER pictures. You will have fun looking at them some day and we'd love to see your trailer now. Post some pictures for us, please.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:56 AM   #4
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Welcome neighbor! Congrats on your find and good luck with the project. Hope to see you down the road.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:58 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Ron

There's a couple of campouts of fellow Forums members on the go.

There's the area 33 campout in May that, from what I've gleaned from these folks via this forum, will be a lot of fun and a great way to learn more about your trailer.

There also just happens to be a TCT campout in August in Deming, WA that several of us go to. It is also a lot of fun, very laid back, and a great way to meet others with similar trailers.

It is still hard for me to imagine that a 1981 anything is already 26 years old. Where did all those years go?

Barry
safari57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:47 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1981 27' Excella II
Lynnwood , Washington
Thanks for the welcome. juel; good idea on the picture, I was going to start when I picked it up but it was raining (a normal day here) and just too much going on. Barry, hope to hook up with you on one of these outings, May is very busy for us this year however the Deming campout might work. We are planning to be in Ilwaco the 3rd week of August but otherwise we'll put it on our calendar.

Thanks again
Ron
Ifihadtime is offline   Reply With Quote