Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2006, 07:01 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Latham , New York
Aluminitus

Hi,
My husband and I are coming down with a bad case of Aluminitus!! We ran into a bunch of tin can folks at the Celtic Festival in Chatham recently, where we caught this disease! The search is on...we are in upstate NY and are looking for something we plan on spending alot of time in so we don't think the teeny, tiny ones are for us....hoping to see an overlander 62 next week if it's not gone by then....we keep "just missing" out on the ones we line up to look at...seems alot of others have this disease too! I have noticed single and dual axles on this model...will it make alot of differance, should we pick one over the other just based on axle? Thanks, and we look forward to meeting you folks again soon!!
Christine and John
luvz2cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:29 AM   #2
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
As for the single/dual axle argument, I'm not so certain I would want a 26'er with a single axle. We have a 24'er and I think if there was more length behind me in the mirror, I would like a second axle. Of course the second axle adds a couple hundred more pounds but it also distributes the weight on two more contact points with the road surface. Since the older trailers were so much lighter than newer ones, the mid '50 models had a single axle and seems to handle the weight of the trailer. Anything newer though, I personally would prefer a second axle.

Best of luck on the '62 and let us know the outcome. Glad to have another suffering the same disease. You'll be welcomed here and we're glad to have you join us.

Keeping the disease alive

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:42 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
It gets worse.

Hate to tell you the sickness gets worse and there is no known cure until you cure it with an Airstream and then for some reason for a lot of us it comes back and you want another one (Airstream). Good luck on the hunt we looked for months on the model we wanted and everytime I found one it was sold, be patient the right one will come along it did for us. Welcome to the forums a lot of great folks and helpful ideas.
Air# 9552
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote