Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-08-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1987 34' Limited
1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Tyler , Texas
Airstream value

Hi! I'm new so bear with me. I need to know where I can find the "value" of a 1986 Airstream 345 that I am considering purchasing. Since NADA does not offer a retail value past 1989 my loan officer cannot place a loan value on the coach. He does not seem interested in comp's so I need some help in order to get into the coach.
Pete
pjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:36 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Bertram , Texas
Hey there! You might have luck with the Kelly blue book. Hopefully someone has one as I could not locate on online book. THey aparantly want to sell you the book...That said, your finance guy should be able to get it. The one I saw listed covered MH from 1986, so yours should be there.

Anyone out there have a Kelly?

Welcome aboard! rob and terry in the big city of Bertram!
Old 06-08-2007, 08:39 PM   #3
Liberator

1972 Argosy 24
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Heart of Dixie , Alabama
Take the 89 price and deduct a little.
After a few years I think they have a standard rate to drop prices.
Bank should be please if price is well below the 1989 price.
klattu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:26 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
1978 31' Sovereign
Mansfield , Georgia
Hey, pjude,

I'm a Bus. Grad. maybe I can offer a dimes worth of insight into your Loan Officer's insight. Banking Regulators expect the loaning institution to maintain a 20% margin between the value of what you are buying to it's ture market worth. In theory, if you default the next day after the loan, the 20% buffer will pay for the banks marketing and selling costs to recoupe it's money and make it whole.

There are no established market values for older items like your trailer ...as there is not a standard for a 1972 Dodge Challenger....as they both depend on model and condition.

If you get two market knowledgeable people in the used RV business to write appraisals (about $25 to $50 dollars each depending on the market) and your loan request is 80% of the apprasied value of the unit, your load officer will have documentition upon which to make the loan. The rest will depend upon your credit rating and your past payment track record with the bank.

Value is in the eye of the beholder. Banking regulators require the bank to document it's effort to make sure the loan will be repayed in full.

Good luck,
Keith
KeithC is offline   Reply With Quote