Old 11-30-2011, 12:20 PM   #15

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Resort

I agree with the dont limit yourself to only Airstreams. It would be nice but I think it would hard to only rent to Airstreams. Im setting up a rally in Hot Springs AR at Catherine's Landing at were getting a rally rate of $35 a night. It seems high until you see the grounds and the set up. All built for big rigs on level concrete pads with wifi, salt water pool, boat docks, pontoon rental, canoe and kyack rentals, super cool clubhouse etc. Its a fancy place so a few extra $$ isnt bad. We normally avoid RV parks but this will feel like a resort vrs a trailer park. Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:25 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Denver , Colorado
Thumbs up

I grew up in St.Louis and spent most of my summers in the Branson area. Infact we camped at Old highway 86 on hwy UU. I now live in Co and just this spring we bought an Airstream and joined the forum. Ever other year we go back to Table Rock Lake at Old Highway 86 and camp for a few weeks with my whole family, about 15 of us. It would be nice to have a new place to go. Will there be any places on shore front to camp? The is my all time best place to vacation. Just dying to take our Airstream there and camp. Well good luck to what ever you decide to do, and let us know.

Jim

Old 11-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Branson , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreamRollin View Post
I grew up in St.Louis and spent most of my summers in the Branson area. Infact we camped at Old highway 86 on hwy UU. I now live in Co and just this spring we bought an Airstream and joined the forum. Ever other year we go back to Table Rock Lake at Old Highway 86 and camp for a few weeks with my whole family, about 15 of us. It would be nice to have a new place to go. Will there be any places on shore front to camp? The is my all time best place to vacation. Just dying to take our Airstream there and camp. Well good luck to what ever you decide to do, and let us know.

Jim
FYI StreamRollin, Old 86 was closed the entire season this year. We had tremendous rains in the spring. Table Rock flooded all Corps campgrounds and many, such as 86 were not opened at all.

Millcreek, which was in its first year of remodel was basically closed also, save a few sites which were higher in elevation.

Looks like the Corps of Engineers is being "penny wise, but pound foolish", when is comes to the various shore line campgrounds. They're not in a big hurry to restore the damage done.

http://www.pbase.com/murreywalker

2011 23 FC FB
murreywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:58 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
We don't own an Airstream (yet), but I'd agree with JBinKC. Come up with a great park, designed for today's RV's, and you will keep it filled. Spend some time on several forums, paying attention to what people like and don't like. Consider having most, if not all, of your spots pull-through ones long enough to accommodate a large MH with toad or HDT and large FW. Electrical should have both 30A and 50A service at each site.

I like your idea of being able to purchase a lot. We're looking to be full-timers traveling the country for a few years, but if that idea were to fall through, the Branson area is where we'd like to settle down. If we did that we'd be part-timers, so we'd be interested in having our spot looked after, or better yet, rented out, when we're gone. Will you be offering that service? Take a look at Escapees parks.

Good luck with your ideas. Since we're not all that far from Branson, and like to visit there, we may just show up on your doorstep one of these days.
Heartland mpg 181 (sold)
1993 Foretravel U300 (for sale)
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:31 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by murreywalker View Post
FYI StreamRollin, Old 86 was closed the entire season this year. We had tremendous rains in the spring. Table Rock flooded all Corps campgrounds and many, such as 86 were not opened at all.

Millcreek, which was in its first year of remodel was basically closed also, save a few sites which were higher in elevation.

Looks like the Corps of Engineers is being "penny wise, but pound foolish", when is comes to the various shore line campgrounds. They're not in a big hurry to restore the damage done.
That's to bad about the flooding this year. We were there in 2010 in July,(nothing better than the fireworks display at Big Cedar Lodge) and I believe that we had a trip planned in 07 and the camp ground was flooded to.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
There is no reason you can't have airstream only events two or three times a year. You could also host antique car shows etc. Antique engine shows are pretty cool as well. You could host as many retro events as you want to. You could have cabins with different retro themes. I would not go too touristy/campy though.

Perry
Old 12-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
Arabela , New Mexico
airstream park

I like your concept and am planning to do a similar type of airstream set-up in southern New Mexico. My concept is more of a rent-a-ranch concept catering to airstream owners and travelers. Here is how it would work. Rent a full-hook up site with a min 3 night stay. Pull-thru level with view of a mountain. picnic table, fire ring and firewood provided along with wi-fi. The beauty is that once you rent the ranch it is your personal space and don"t have to share it with other rv's even though a couple of other spaces are available if they are part of your party. Privacy and solitude are yours since this is an 80 acres ranch that affords ideal stargazing and close access (within an hour) of various tourist spots.
The reason I would cater to airstreamers is that they have the characteristics of the type of people I would welcome at the ranch. They are typically, friendly, thoughtful, fun seeking with a pride of ownership for their rigs and their surroundings. Oh by the way I do own and have traveled in my airstream. (A 1994 34 foot Excella) I say go for it and best of luck. Ernesto
Old 12-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Airstream park in Branson, Missouri

Greetings michaelhyams!

Your idea is intriguing, and in these days of high fuel costs, Branson is a convenient drive from my home (about 5 hours). While I wouldn't be making the trip frequently, probably only twice per year, a park like you describe would certainly be interesting as a destination.

When you mention having cabins or other sleeping accommodations that visitors could rent something occurred to me, why not have a few Airstreams (new or tastefully refurbished Vintage) that visitors could rent? I know that this is not a unique conecpt as there are several parks with variations of this theme -- the first that I heard of was Shady Dell in Bisby, AZ. I suspect that Airstreams that travelers could rent during their stay in Branson might be very popular.

Good luck with your research and investigation!

Kevin

WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC/Free Wheelers #6359
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400 VORTEC/4.11 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote