Old 09-23-2007, 04:43 PM   #1

1967 20' Globetrotter
Cadillac , Michigan
Airstream On Loan

I am here under false pretenses as my daughter is the one with the Vintage Airstream. (Slik, 1967 Airstream Globe Trotter) But I have been able to help her with maintainence and will be taking a trip to New England with it this October.

We have to go to Washington DC for a wedding. As I certainly don't want to take the trailer to the DC area, we are planning to drive to the Finger Lakes area of New York and find a RV park where we can store for a few days while we drive down to the wedding. On Monday after the wedding we will return to the trailer and start our trek to Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. We may take the north route back home through Canada although the dollar/looney situation is making that even more expensive and time may limit us to VT, NH and southern Maine.

We may find that our loop will take more time than we have but I don't want to hurry. We want to take the back roads as opposed to freeways, like to stop and investigate the small towns. Anyway, here finally is my question: Do you know of places of interest; restaurants or cafes that are good or fun, cheese makers that we might put on our list. (Marci, the bear biologist, probably will not let us take her trailer to a place like Clark's Trading Post with the trained Bear shows.)

Anyway, if you have any ideas, I would be very appreciative hearing about them.
Thanks
Keith

Old 09-23-2007, 05:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
This sounds like a marvelous trip for you and your daughter. I'm responding under false pretenses also since we've not yet traveled with Airstream in this eastern-northern region you describe; however, we wish you a terrific journey, there and back again. I'm sure, knowing the reputation of this forum, that you'll receive many suggestions to help you find the most interesting places. Please pass my hello on to Marci. ~Georgia

Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:33 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
In our yard

You can store it in our yard here in Central NY, just east of the Finger Lakes, next to our other 4 Airstreams. I'll most likely be in the Washington DC area too.... about 6 hours away. Let me know.

Rob
http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:32 PM   #4
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up I Love N.y.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohnsonmi
I am here under false pretenses as my daughter is the one with the Vintage Airstream. (Slik, 1967 Airstream Globe Trotter) But I have been able to help her with maintainence and will be taking a trip to New England with it this October.

We have to go to Washington DC for a wedding. As I certainly don't want to take the trailer to the DC area, we are planning to drive to the Finger Lakes area of New York and find a RV park where we can store for a few days while we drive down to the wedding. On Monday after the wedding we will return to the trailer and start our trek to Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. We may take the north route back home through Canada although the dollar/looney situation is making that even more expensive and time may limit us to VT, NH and southern Maine.

We may find that our loop will take more time than we have but I don't want to hurry. We want to take the back roads as opposed to freeways, like to stop and investigate the small towns. Anyway, here finally is my question: Do you know of places of interest; restaurants or cafes that are good or fun, cheese makers that we might put on our list. (Marci, the bear biologist, probably will not let us take her trailer to a place like Clark's Trading Post with the trained Bear shows.)

Anyway, if you have any ideas, I would be very appreciative hearing about them.
Thanks
Keith

CHECK OUT THE GLEN IRIS INN IN LETCHWORTH STATE PARK, CASTILE N.Y. WE THINK IT'S ONE OF THE BEST IN N.Y. Glen Iris Inn - Home

New York State Parks :: Letchworth State Park

Have a safe journey and remember.....IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE YOUR GOING ANY ROAD WILL TAKE YOU THERE

Glen Iris Inn - Home

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 09:22 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

New Borockton , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe
You can store it in our yard here in Central NY, just east of the Finger Lakes, next to our other 4 Airstreams. I'll most likely be in the Washington DC area too.... about 6 hours away. Let me know.

Rob
Nice gesture Rob.