2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHeadRik View Post
Brian,

BTW, I love the stipe job on Lucy!
That's SuEllyn's work. She still needs to complete the stripes on Lucy's rear end. Lucy is, of course, the spokestrailer for Moose Tags, and must be decorated with the proper colors.

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5700.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	115342   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5179.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	295.3 KB
ID:	115343  

WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:40 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Indian Harbor Beach , Florida
We too are new to AS, and bought a "09 International FB CCD. We love it. Some don't like the stark interior walls that are all aluminum, but they are soo easy to wipe off and keep clean. We have twin beds, love them!!! Found them especially nice when grankids (or kids) come and they have someplace to play their many tech games and don't fight over who has more side of the bed Before you decide on twins or queen, take the time to go into one and lay on the beds as if you were sleeping on them...take more than a minute or two. We especially like that the microwave is stored in a cabinet. We travel with two labs and have plenty of space. The only word of advice I have for you is to think the long term...more kids? Animals? No matter what AS you decide on, you will have a wonderful experience for a long time to come. Enjoy!!

Old 11-16-2010, 09:01 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Castaic , California
I have been reading about the Pro pride and I think that is eventually how I'll go as well. I have an EZ Lift (something like that) that came with my Mother In Law's trailer that I towed for her. (A 28" Terry and Towed like crap!). She said I can use that and I might just to pick up from the dealer. However, I think the Pro Pride will be my ultimate choice.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redthies View Post
The one you are leaning towards will make you very very happy! With an equalizing hitch and good brake controller you won't have any problems towing it with your Ram... I'm jealous...
AirHeadRik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:42 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1963 24' Tradewind
Highland , Illinois
Hi Rik,

We have a 2008 International CCD Signature Series with Cilantro interior. It appealed to our tastes over any other model at the time, and still does.

You might consider looking at the 27' FB because it really has a walk around queen bed and the extra closet and pantry space are a big plus.

We have panoramic windows front and rear and love the openness and light they let in.

Whatever you decide, enjoy!

Air #4056

"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:49 AM   #19
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Castaic , California
Thanks!
Well, part of the consideration in length is that we boondock often and like to rock climb. Many of the parks have restrictions on size. Even the 25" seems to be pushing it in some parks, hence the consideration of the 23" Flying Cloud. I have heard that there will be an International 23" with the Flying Cloud floor plan later this month. (Walk/Climb around queen).

Our 19" was fantastic but with our new family addition, we have to consider more room now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmotini View Post
Hi Rik,

We have a 2008 International CCD Signature Series with Cilantro interior. It appealed to our tastes over any other model at the time, and still does.

You might consider looking at the 27' FB because it really has a walk around queen bed and the extra closet and pantry space are a big plus.

We have panoramic windows front and rear and love the openness and light they let in.

Whatever you decide, enjoy!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anniston , Alabama
We were torn between the 25FB and the 23 as well....for the same reasons as you. We like the National and State Parks and lenth was an issue. We really liked the 23ft with the queen bed, but the small holding tanks were the deal breaker for us. We went with the 25FB Flying Cloud and are very happy with our decision. One recommendation....the window awning package is worth every penny in the summer heat.

This is a long term purchase. Get what makes you happy and you won't regret it.

"It is better to wear out than to rust out"......Wally Byam
happycamper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:35 PM   #21

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
newport , California
My husband and I looked high and low for the twin bed setup. We are both tall and the small queen bed accomodation is really not walk around at all. We love the twin beds.. there is alot of room.. plus is someone wants to sleep in front.. they can. The access to storage under the beds is convenient. Lots of storage in the bedroom space.
We pull with a 2004 Dodge 2500 Diesel... love our rig.. but need to find some people to meet up with.. this is our first Airstream and hear the groups are great.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:04 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Castaic , California
We wound up today with the Interstate. I didn't lay on the bed, but it was the first thing my Wife did when I brought it home. Hard, hard mattress! I'm going to scan the forum to see if there is a fix for this. Like a new mattress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanlinger1 View Post
My husband and I looked high and low for the twin bed setup. We are both tall and the small queen bed accomodation is really not walk around at all. We love the twin beds.. there is alot of room.. plus is someone wants to sleep in front.. they can. The access to storage under the beds is convenient. Lots of storage in the bedroom space.
We pull with a 2004 Dodge 2500 Diesel... love our rig.. but need to find some people to meet up with.. this is our first Airstream and hear the groups are great.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:38 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHeadRik View Post
We wound up today with the Interstate. I didn't lay on the bed, but it was the first thing my Wife did when I brought it home. Hard, hard mattress! I'm going to scan the forum to see if there is a fix for this. Like a new mattress!
Did you mean "International?" When we first started to look at Airstreams, many years back, my wife fell in love with an International on display at the yearly RV show. She was taken by all of the colors they used back then. Fast forward to last year and we looked at a few and the ones we saw were almost all filled with black woodwork. We didn't like the feeling by then.

We preferred the aluminum interior and absolutely loved the windows and the open feeling they afforded. We have the panoramic windows front and rear and wouldn't go back. Ours is a Safari.

I fly fish and liked to drag my tent trailer all over the logging roads and into the fields to set up by remote lakes. We upgraded to a 21 ft Hybrid and I lost some of my options. Now with a 25 ft. Airstream it is harder to get into some of the places I used to go. I wouldn't want anything larger at this stage. Perhaps down the road. It does make a difference getting in and out of tight places.

I love almost everything about our 25 FB, including the bed. We are not large people so we fit on the bed just fine. We sleep like babies on the thing.

Have fun with your new trailer.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:11 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2005 28' Safari
saline , Michigan
We looked at quite a few 25 footers but ended up with a '05 28' Safari. We love the queen because we can both get out of it in the night without difficulty. The sideways queen in the 25 that we looked at is not nearly as easy. And, we both like sleeping side by side as we do at home, so it is better than twins for us. I am glad we opted for the 28 instead. Personally, I agree with Moosetags about the interior. BTW, you would have no problem pulling a 28' Safari with that Hemi.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:28 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Castaic , California
Yes, I meant International. Sorry, I was tired when I wrote that!

This thing towed just fine yesterday. Only did about 200 miles or so with it from Paso Robles, CA to Los Angeles area. Installed an Equalizer WD/Anti-Sway and it seemed to do really well.

I know it will take some getting used to compared to the 19" Safari, but it will be fine.

I swear sometimes I want to get an old Wee Wind for those little trips into the rock climbing areas.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:02 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 26
1974 29' Ambassador
1968 20' Globetrotter
Whiterock , British Columbia
How was the dealer in Paso Robles? We first really checked out modern Airstreams with them a few years back. They seemed very nice...
Old 11-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Castaic , California
The reason I went to them was because Angel over there bent over backwards to make the deal work. Southwest Coaches seemed ok, but had a take it or leave it attitude I felt. Just a feeling, nothing concrete to back that statement. They may be just great, I don't know.

Also, Sky River RV's (Paso Robles) entire staff were accommodating in every way. I was quite pleased with them and the trailer was readied 100%. Some dealers can be very lazy and do the absolute minimum and you have watch every step you take.

I would recommend them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redthies View Post
How was the dealer in Paso Robles? We first really checked out modern Airstreams with them a few years back. They seemed very nice...