Old 09-03-2006, 03:19 PM   #1

1986 29' Sovereign
Virginia City , Nevada
A sunny hello to all!

As a new member & new A/S owner, I wanted to say hello and thank all of those who make this site possible. I've just bought an 1986 Sovereign 29' after years as a winniebagan. The TT's in good shape mechanically but the interior looked like it was Never cleaned. I yanked out the carpet and pad and scrubbed everything with SHOCK! cleaner. I sealed the floor with Kilz and will start laying pergo tomorrow.

The last few days have been distracting as I watched Hurricane John blow across our place in Loreto, Baja Sur. All seems to have turned out well and the area needed (some) rain. Attached is a pix from the Zaragosa side of the southern Loreto arroyo... nearly full BEFORE the hurricane hit! Our place is in the trees to the right.

Home base is in Reno NV USA. Would enjoy hearing from nearby members or those in Baja.

Sunchaser
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flooded arroyo - H-John.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	25537  

Old 09-03-2006, 04:41 PM   #2
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchaser
As a new member & new A/S owner, I wanted to say hello and thank all of those who make this site possible. I've just bought an 1986 Sovereign 29' after years as a winniebagan. The TT's in good shape mechanically but the interior looked like it was Never cleaned. I yanked out the carpet and pad and scrubbed everything with SHOCK! cleaner. I sealed the floor with Kilz and will start laying pergo tomorrow.

The last few days have been distracting as I watched Hurricane John blow across our place in Loreto, Baja Sur. All seems to have turned out well and the area needed (some) rain. Attached is a pix from the Zaragosa side of the southern Loreto arroyo... nearly full BEFORE the hurricane hit! Our place is in the trees to the right.

Home base is in Reno NV USA. Would enjoy hearing from nearby members or those in Baja.

Sunchaser

Hi Sunchaser and welcome to the forums.Glad to hear your place in Loreto survived John.
Congrats on your purchase of the 1986 29' Sovereign.There are several Forum members from the Reno area.
You may be interested to know that the Sierra Nevada Unit of the Wally Byam Caravan Club International (WBCCI) is based in the Reno area.
If you would like some more info it can be obtained here,

http://sierranevadaairstreams.org/

There is also a rally from September 28th-October 1st in Silver Springs,Nevada.If you would like to attend you would feel more than welcome.Here is some info on the rally,

http://sierranevadaairstreams.org/sn...ton-index.html

This forum is a source of unlimited information.Pretty much anything you would like to do with your Sovereign has been done by someone here already so feel free to ask questions and familiarise yourself with the search feature.Just about every repair job has been well documented.

All the best and once again...welcome.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:07 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
Hello,

Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on your Airstream! I know you will enjoy it! Post pics! We love pictures!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)