Old 01-03-2015, 07:15 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
Denver , Colorado
A new adventure: Solo, Full-timing, Spring 2015

"If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space."

One of my favorite mountaineers, Jim Whittaker, has been quoted saying that line several times over the years. It is the line that my handy-man shared with me when I told him my plan. It is my motto for 2015.

This spring, I am putting my stuff in storage, letting my condo lease lapse and going on the road solo full-time.

Deep breaths

I have never owned an RV of any kind. I have never towed anything. Regretfully, I never said "YES" all those times my Dad wanted me to learn how to tow our boat to the lake. I'm slightly overwhelmed with all that I have to learn but I have been reading The Newbies Guide to Airstreaming and lurking here and both have been helping a lot.

I am pretty set on purchasing the 25' Flying Cloud or International. I am hoping to have my trailer by March so that I can take a few test trips in April before hitting the road. I am slightly worried about the timing since I am based in Denver and that time of year is still hit or miss with the weather even if I stay close to town and out of the mountains. I won't want to de-winterize so that I can get a hang of everything and then have a big storm hit. This is really my main concern with my timing right now. I will be upgrading my truck in the next few weeks and getting a shell and Thule cargo box put on it.

I can't wait to be on the road, and I'm totally freaked out about actually getting there.

Thanks for letting me be apart of your community, I have already learned so much from y'all.

Jessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:06 PM   #2
2006 19' International CCD
Denville , New Jersey
Ah Jess, you will be fine, just go with it, follow your heart and live the Airstream life. Lucky you can full time, it will be great, welcome to the forums.

2006 Bambi CCD ("EireStream!!")
2010 Funfinder
2005 T@B
2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:28 AM   #3
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Sounds like a wonderful adventure!

Have a great time, and keep us posted.

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote