Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2007, 02:20 AM   #1

1968 26' Overlander
Wichita Falls , Texas
68 Overlander

I bought my first last year and have become a fanatic. She is in great shape but I can't find an original credenza table for her. Can anyone help or perhaps know how it was design so I could make one myself, just a rookie here trying to put her together right. tom
Tom Kelty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:53 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Welcome to the forum.

I believe your credenza is very similar to mine. I have some pictures of mine taken during the refurbishment which might help you build a replacement for your missing one.

Send me your email address in a PM and I will send you the pictures.

Tom
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:06 AM   #3
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Hi Tom,

Im just up the road from you in Lawton. I have a 68 Trade Wind that I rebuilt the folding table for this spring. Not sure if that is a credenza table (I dont know foo foo design terms- I still havent figured out what a jallousy is either).

The orignal table on mine was a stryrofoam core with a linolum shell. It has a hinge to fold out to double the size and a clever hinge/slide do hicky to retract against the wall when not needed.

This spring I decided to replace the old table with a new one. I made the surface out of oak venere ply and put a wood strip trim surround on it (not hip to carpentry terms either). I have been verry pleased so far you can see it and the new floor here and the whole thread about my restoration to date here. If you want to come up to Lawton and see it sometime I would love to have you. Good luck, and welcome to the forums.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:06 PM   #4

1968 26' Overlander
Wichita Falls , Texas
thanks Rodney I didn't know the name until yesterday when I was reading the 1968 Overlander manuel. I can use all the help I can get. You just can't find one. send me your email on a PM and when my buddy can get free we can run up there and look at it with you. MY name is Tom Kelty email is keltylaw@hotmail.com
Tom Kelty is offline   Reply With Quote