Old 07-07-2006, 08:39 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
Raton , New Mexico
1985 Sovereign 25' with side bath, corner bed

Hello all, my beautiful wife and I purchased a 1985 Sovereign 25' with side bath and corner bed today. It's got a salvage title due to insurance claim but looks VERY usable to me, with only minor damage around the left wheel well. You can see plenty of pics of it in my gallery. I hope we made a good decision, paying $4500 for it. Either way, we hope to get plenty of use from it and aren't concerned with resale. I've already requested a repair quote from a service center in OK.

We won't have it in-hand for a few weeks as it's in Indiana and we're in New Mexico. My relatives in KY are going to pick it up in the next week or two and then meet us half way with it.

I've already gleaned much good info here in the forums and look forward to meeting some of you on the road, in the parks, and online.

Regards,
Tubbs

Old 07-07-2006, 10:19 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1993 21' Sovereign
Plano , Texas
Welcome to the 25' Club. I recommend you have the wheel bearing packed and the brakes & lights checked as soon as possibe to ensure that the A/S is road worthy. Then enjoy!
Keith

Old 07-08-2006, 11:23 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
Raton , New Mexico
Thanks

Thanks for the welcome and advice. My family is pretty mechanically savy so my dad and brother, and possibly uncle, will be going over it thoroughly when they pick it up and some more before we pull it to NM. A bearing packing and brake check will definitely top the list, along with making sure no water is penetrating the body from that bruise.

Thanks,
Tubbs
Old 07-08-2006, 11:32 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1976 25' Tradewind
. , AZ to Maine
Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbinator
You can see plenty of pics of it in my gallery.
Regards,
Tubbs
Congratulations,
I did not find your pictures in your gallery. Am I looking in wrong places?
Good luck,
R
Old 07-08-2006, 01:21 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
Raton , New Mexico
Sorry

I guess I misunderstood the upload interface. I thought any image I uploaded would go into my gallery. Go to the 1980s photos and you'll see the ones I've uploaded and you can click the link to view all the images I've uploaded.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:29 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
tubbinator,
You have the same layout as my '86 25' Sovereign. I'd recommend getting a rock guard over your front windows because they can be pretty expensive to replace if cracked. Even though I am using an Enkay Rock Tamer to keep rocks from being thrown up onto the trailer, I will be purchasing stainless lower rock guards to prevent further dimples to the lower front quarter panels. The damage in the rear section of the wheelwell is probably from a blowout. I had one on my '77 Excella and it literally bend the rear outrigger 65 degrees up toward the tire. I had to remove the tire and pound the outrigger down before I could put on a new tire. I purchased an aluminum sheet from Lowe's, trimmed it to size and it went in perfectly. I really like my trailer and am sure you will also.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:44 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
Raton , New Mexico
Thanks

Thanks for the input Craig. I've already been looking into rock guards for the front windows and was also anticipating some rock guards over the corners instead of repairing the slight damage to the front metal. I anticipate doing a patch job on the side for now but will eventually have it done right, if not learning how to do so myself (as I do with most things :-)

Take care,
Tubbs