Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2006, 10:24 PM   #1

1978 31' Sovereign
Ashton , Idaho
Question 1978 Interior configuration

I need help,

I recently acquired a 1978 31' International or is it a Soveriegn? I have the original owners manual which refers to the floor plan as Twin and Double - Center Bath. However the configuration of the lounge area seems to be that of a 31 ft. Sovereign of the Road rear bath (Floor plan viewed from original brochure "The Airstream Story"). My pull out couch is at the front of the trailer with the entertainment center on the road side of the vehicle. The owners manual shows the 31 ft. Twin and Double - Rear Bath and Center bath with the pull out bed/ couch where the entertainment center is currently located. Is there a way to tell the original configuration of the trailer by serial number? Then there is the bed in the rear I believe that the bed has been moved and is now on the curb side of the trailer. Is there a way to tell if this original set up was a twin bed model or a double bed model? There are lamps mounted on either side of the interior bulkhead wall. I have read that there was a ownership change in 1978 could this be a misfit trailer?

I would appreciate any help one could offer. The trailer is in quite good shape for its age. I would like to keep it's configuration original.

Thanks
Aerowrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:42 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your new to you trailer!

You have a 31' Sovereign with the International trim package. The International package includes some upgrades over the standard "Land Yacht" trailer.

You can yuse the search tool in the blue bar at the top of the page to find the key to your VIN number which may help figure out the original configuration. Also, additional information on the International trim package.

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote