Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-23-2017, 10:26 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Beach , North Dakota
1978 Excella 500

Greetings all! After spending a few weeks reading the forum, searching craigslist and airstreamclassifieds.com, we pulled the trigger last weekend on a `78 Excella 500. Brought it home this weekend with no troubles. Still confirming the basics work, but plan on some weekend trips to do the testing as schedules allow. Would anybody be able to tell me how to find out if number 691 is still being used?
Nhegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:53 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhegel View Post
Greetings all! After spending a few weeks reading the forum, searching craigslist and airstreamclassifieds.com, we pulled the trigger last weekend on a `78 Excella 500. Brought it home this weekend with no troubles. Still confirming the basics work, but plan on some weekend trips to do the testing as schedules allow. Would anybody be able to tell me how to find out if number 691 is still being used?
Welcome to the most elite club there is. And you got one of the good ones, I'm always finding more class and fine workmanship in my '78 Excella 500 that we're reading isn't there anymore in new Airstreams. The 4 track radio still works great, don't have any 4 track tapes though; it plays 2 tracks at time with 8 track tapes. The built in blender is better than what I have in the house.
And most of the equipment is older style that you can work on without hi tech computer parts going bad. I fix my water pump with inner tube type rubber when it gives out after several years. The refrig freezer works great, it'll freeze alcohol margarita's on the playa.

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:58 PM   #3
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
All 3-digit WBCCI Big Red Numbers™ are only awarded to members who have managed to elevate themselves to Region officers or higher, as a perk for their service to the club. New members can't get one; they're all stuck with 4-digit or 5-digit membership numbers.

Personally, I'm not big on prestige and pretense, so I even refused to accept a "past president" flag upon completion of my term as a Unit president. So I don't really understand the big deal about members giving up their old 4- or 5-digit numbers to get a new 3-digit number when they achieve high club office. But that's the way they do it.

If you ask when you join, you might be able to get 1691X (where the X is any digit not already in use by another member). It's worth a try…